• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Boost pressure feels limited

Started by Defhd10, March 01, 2020, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defhd10

Quote from: SHOdded on April 12, 2020, 01:33:26 AM
yeah it might be a placebo effect ...  I was wondering if both are 2.5 bar sensors or if one is 2 the other is 3 like on the SHO.  If they are identical, swap them and see if you see a change in behavior.  That kind of thing.
I believe the one before the trottle body is a 2 bar and the one on top of the intake is a 2.5.

Defhd10

Quote from: ZSHO on April 12, 2020, 07:43:19 AM
Is the wastegate hose intact based on the pic below! 
I would not give up on this truck that easily IMHO! Z
Yes the hose is attached. It does kind of look like its not in the pic, but it is in fact attached. Im trying my best not to give up, but ive been battling this issue for 2 months now with no fix. Although atleast i now have codes that i can tell the dealer if i chose to take it to them to look at

Defhd10

Quote from: SHOdded on April 12, 2020, 07:57:03 AM
Yeah, I mean, you can always contact Ford Customer Service and tell them that your truck has been misbehaving since this flash update was applied.  If they have something (engineering team), they can help you right away, or call on the engineering team to look into it.  This is a big deal, and they want their F150 customer base, as far as I can tell LOL.
I think for right now im just going to run it for the next few weeks and see if things continue to get worse or if codes get set again. If they do i think at that point i will take it to the dealer for them to diagnose. Atleast now i have something to tell them to look at being i got the codes.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Defhd10

Well its been a week on the different pedal so thought id give a small update. Codes havent came back but the truck is running the exact same as it was before if not worse. So i imagine its only a matter of time until the codes do come back. Boost is still low and still surges from time to time.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Defhd10

Really just disappointed at this point. On a side note my dad has been running the pedal that came out of my truck this week and his is still running perfect. No symptoms that mine had and still has.

SHOdded

yeah, it is very possible the pcm has bought the farm, like sm105k said earlier.  unfortunately it is not a straight swap from your dad's truck to yours, due to security issues which would not allow your vehicle to start/run.  You would have to be out of pocket for a new pcm unless you can convince the dealer to return to the last revision, or asbuilt version.

If a faulty piece of hardware cannot be found, either a sensor is dead or the computer that takes input from the sensor is corrupted.  If a sensor is dead, the computer sets the appropriate code.  You can try putting in new MAP sensors, but that is a pure parts cannon play.  May or may not work.  We used to have problems with Gen 1 & 2 SHOs where the PCM would not have any codes, seem to be working properly, but in reality, needed to be replaced/exorcised.

Defhd10

Quote from: SHOdded on April 19, 2020, 07:31:53 AM
yeah, it is very possible the pcm has bought the farm, like sm105k said earlier.  unfortunately it is not a straight swap from your dad's truck to yours, due to security issues which would not allow your vehicle to start/run.  You would have to be out of pocket for a new pcm unless you can convince the dealer to return to the last revision, or asbuilt version.

If a faulty piece of hardware cannot be found, either a sensor is dead or the computer that takes input from the sensor is corrupted.  If a sensor is dead, the computer sets the appropriate code.  You can try putting in new MAP sensors, but that is a pure parts cannon play.  May or may not work.  We used to have problems with Gen 1 & 2 SHOs where the PCM would not have any codes, seem to be working properly, but in reality, needed to be replaced/exorcised.
I really feel it could be the pcm, i mean with the boost being so low lately you would think surely it would throw an underboost code. But i guess it wouldnt if thats all the pcm is commanding. Is it possible for a misfire to damage the pcm?  Because i really feel that this is when everything started.

SHOdded

Misfires dont generally damage the pcm to the extent of disabling it.  Coil or injector drivers yes.  But it feels like a logic failure to me.

SHOdded

You can ask circuitboarmedics.com if they will transfer configs to a known good pcm.  Lower cost alternative  to brand new. Let them know what happened.

Defhd10

So alittle over 2 months now since ive replaced the throttle pedal and to this day the codes havent yet returned,  but no fix has been found. Boost still maxing at 7lbs. Alot of times having little to no boost midway through a hill then all of a sudden itll spike and hold at 7lbs. Almost always boost spikes when it changes gears. I cant for the life of me figure it out. Had a bad experience a week ago when towing.  Came out of a turn and began to push the accelerator pedal and nothing happened. No boost, no acceleration no change in rpms just totally nothing as i continued to push the pedal further for about 5 seconds which felt like a lifetime.  Then out of nowhere a big boost spike then slowly we began accelerating. I just dont understand why im having this issue or what caused it.