• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

B1086- Air Distribution Damper Motor - Panel/floor/defrost not working

Started by Gjkrisa, January 20, 2020, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

If wiring and connectors look good, you will likely need to replace the HVAC module.  Used can be had from car-part.com LKQ eBay etc.

Heater ControlHeater Control PlaceholderDash Control Unit 1
EG1Z-19980-T
Heater Control

Taurus. With atc. Control unit. With heated seats. 2013-19, se, sel, limited, sho, with auto temp control, with light group, with cooled seats.

$186.44
$117.92
ADD TO CART
Heater ControlHeater Control PlaceholderDash Control Unit 1
EG1Z-19980-U
Heater Control

Taurus. With atc. Control unit. With heated seats. 2013-19, se, sel, limited, sho, with auto temp control, with light group, without cooled seats.

$208.29
$131.74
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

What are the temps in AK @ the moment! Hopefully not frozen at best. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

3above finally we have had a more usual winter but they say we haven't been cold this long since the 70s -15 to -30 most days since January
Been able to feel the sun for the last two weeks and it would raise when the sun came out but not really positive at all except the first week we made it to +20 for Thursday thru the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Also I have this issue do you think it's the HVAC module or is it the controls?

Gjkrisa

Where and how should I track this down? Or should I just take it to Ford to diagnose this?

SHOdded

Could be the switches (the front interface control module - audio and hvac buttons/controls) temporarily lost communication.  Code says not present at time of lookup, so erase and see if it returns.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Side note: Does the Recirculation mode button on front interface panel function work! Maybe a SSM reflash from dealer is in order Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

It does say circuit protection it shows up after a few times of the HVAC shutting down I can turn it back on by using the auto or defrost panel selector sometimes those buttons get locked out for 30 seconds or by using the on screen controls will never lockout.
Most days im not in the car to do it and some days it happens 10 times in 15 minutes.

Gjkrisa

Clear code it comes back recirc works
Starting a new thread for this

Gjkrisa

So I had gotten this code after taking car to car wash first had frozen blower motor but by the time I got to take a look at it the moisture was gone but evident moisture was there

Replace with new actuator still didn't work so now going through workshop manual to find pinpoint test here's what I've got so far when I get a chance for multimeter test we'll go further in

In photos you can see I cleared the codes then I ran test in forscan and codes came back.
Looked up workshop manual and found pinpoint test for this.

ZSHO

FYI- Both Topics were merged together for added convenience. Be well. Z  :)

Gjkrisa

New panel worked think I cracked part of the new facia trying to take it out of the packaging so I had to swap out all the internals be posting a video on that as it did take some time figuring how to separate the board from the volume control knob
Also used ultimate compound using a yellow or lighter polishing foam pad came out much better left no light scratches