• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HOW to Do PTU Drain/Fill on 2013 PI or PP or with a Drain Plug "EASY WAY"

Started by irondoor19, December 17, 2019, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Trying not to beat a dead horse, but i got so frustrated trying to remove the cat and the Fill Plug
Found the Video on the Internet, and ALSO on this site. SO i should have changed this Fluid about
30K ago, (87K Miles as we speak) do not know were the time went.

Anyway this is a Shortened AND my version of how to drain and fill thru the Drain Plug:
Purchased the following

1/4" Male to Male Check Valve
1/4" Female to 1/4" Barb Fitting
1/2" Wide Teflon Tape
1/4" Silicone (high Temp Plug)
Hose Clamp (for above)

Less than 15.00 Total

Locate the Drain Plug, Removed and got about 14 OZ out of it, DID Flow well Black as hell tho.

Remove the Factory Breather (located on the back wall...NOW we have added a larger hose and
relocated the breather near the battery. Checked the breather and did not SEE any cloog or gunk.

I AM LEAVING THE assembly on the car, as I plan on changing the fluid in Jan/Feb AGAIN ANYWAY..

Assembled the Check Valve and the Barbed Fitting after taping the Threads. Installed in drain Hole.

Measured out 20 OZ of Gear Oil and Using the Pump, its hose, and the Hose Clamp:
Pumped in 16 +- OZ Approximately in thru the Drain Plug Opening.

Removed the Hose clamp and hose from the Pump, Drained hose back into Q Container.

Installed the Silicone Caps (I used 1/4 and 5/16 over it) and then the hose Clamp.

Removed pump,  re-installed the breather filter onto the Hose in the engine bay

Noted the remaining amount in the Quart Container. DONE, TOOK LESS THAN AN HOUR

After the next Fill i will reinstall the original Drain Plug.

You can hear the Fluid Burping thru the hose when filling (with the filter off)

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,