• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LPFP DRIVE UNIT

Started by Macgyver, March 04, 2020, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Yeah a LPFP DRIVE UNIT. What is that.......

My SHO . I stopped at a WAWA. Shut her down. Went to restart a few minutes later. She started but stumbled and she would not rev. She would Just idle. Eventually died and would only crank. Had her towed her home. Did research for Fuel pump fuses and relays. Not much comes up. Just the relay in the engine comp fuse box.

Code P0087 no fuel pressure and P1145 ? I forget the second one. So no fuel and it was idling. I figured the Rail just ran out of fuel and it was the LPFP somehow but they usually dont just Fail hard.

Did a Youtube search found a video from some guy on the Taurus having a Drive unit replaced. So I used a Google search with a BETTER term for what might be the problem.

Found Bamsho had replaced his LPFP AND His drive unit just to be sure he got everything.

Went to FORD. Got the Drive Unit. $65. Its a 5 minute job. Its behind the Right Rear Fold down seat back. Under the carpet.

BAM. The SHO started right up. Thanks @Bamsho

I went back. Bought the other one they had in stock. It is gonna stay in the SHO now.

SuperPete

LPFP is Low Pressure Fuel Pump, it's the one in the fuel tank I believe, it' supply fuel to high pressure fuel pump that is on the engine.
Check fuse just in case
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SHOdded

FPDM = LPFP
FPCM = Fuel Pump Control Module
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Quote from: SHOdded on March 05, 2020, 01:36:04 AM
FPDM = LPFP
FPCM = Fuel Pump Control Module

Yeah if you dont have the correct terms searching you dont find what you are looking for.

It was an easy fix and hopefully this thread will help someone in the future.