• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth kit decision questions

Started by SuperPete, December 28, 2019, 08:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

I am going with 50/50 meth mix, what nozzle do I need for that?
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

TopherSho

Quote from: SuperPete on December 30, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
I am going with 50/50 meth mix, what nozzle do I need for that?

**with the stock turbos** That will be both tuner ( the person) and PSI dependent.  I'm pushing about 600ml .. but it is verging on too much in colder temps so i offset by upping the boost onset. 

Most kits come with some variation of a #3 nozzel (175-225ml) and those kits recommend 225-250 psi from the pump.  as someone who has been through a number of nozzles the final nozzle choice is a preference that will be based on the tuning results.    You could buy what ever the next ''step up nozzle'' is from the one that comes with the kit if you want to pre-buy ... but i'd recommend getting a full tune finalized 1st on the initial nozzle so you can guage with your tuner the next best step up if one is required.

If you go under the hood for the kit,  you will not need as big a nozzle since you will have less resistance to push through to get the best atomization and evap rates.  So don't get too tied up into the thinking that nozzle size is key .. its all about atomization efficiency 1st, then volume delivery.

lots of big fat drops evaping 'cool' less than lots of small drops evaping. 

If you have enough evap to drop the intake temps sub 100 you get to keep ALL your spark in WoT in a run or a race.. 1st-not loosing that spark to temp from the IAT2 sensor is huge in drag races and recovering power on hot days.  2-the knock impedance and the gains in octane are a distant second,  but still important and will let you add some spark over the top.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: 802SHO on December 28, 2019, 10:15:55 PM
Pushing 3 years with meth, no meth problem whatsoever other than needing more.  I go through 5 gallons a year and that's giving it the business ....countless pulls....just one gallon really is plenty.  You will never run low in one day...no f way.  I'll fill up before going to the track and I might use half a gallon there tops.  You don't get into 7-8psi boost driving you don't even spray any. 

Can't go wrong with Alky.  Got an E85 station?  Go E30 and meth! 

I'm addicted so you'll never hear me say don't do it!  In all seriousness....one of the best all time mods on my car...hands down.

5 gallons a year? I've been through almost 10 gallons and I thought I was doing pretty well... 🤔 It's been about 7-8 months for me. I have it come on pretty late/high boost but demand is pretty high since I'm dependent and supplementing fuel at the top end.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

TopherSho

Baaahaahah ... I have 4 empty cans in my side yard from just this year.  ;)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

802SHO

Let me clarify...5 gallons (1 pale) a year.  Mayyybbeeee 2,000 miles driven!  Lol!  It's parked... Then WOT.  It rarely gets driven... and even rare for me to take it easy. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bamsho

Yeah I usually burn 5 gallons of M1 here.  Mostly track time.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StinkinLinkin13

Ok... Now that makes more sense. I estimate I'll go through roughly 20-25 gallons a year since it is my DD and I have chronic lead foot habits...
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on December 28, 2019, 08:12:21 PM
Now that we have adaptive E30 E40 tunes from some vendors, and insanely stable static E30 tunes from others I would strongly advise not going meth.  If you were on the 2010-2012 gen meth is awesome since we lack proper flex fuel parts... But for 2013+ running a basic E30 tune will yield more power with less reliance on external systems and external fail-safes ..  it will just be less parts to plan and maintain and possibly fail.   If you have good e85 stations I'd go E30-E40. 

Cheers!

What is this adaptive E30 tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

Search for details on "auto octane" .. https://www.ghtuning.com/product-category/ecoboost/2010-2018-taurus-sho/

Id ask them directly to avoid me being old, but as I have read on various forums the tune adjusts using the ethical sensor.   

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on January 04, 2020, 11:52:45 PM
Search for details on "auto octane" .. https://www.ghtuning.com/product-category/ecoboost/2010-2018-taurus-sho/

Id ask them directly to avoid me being old, but as I have read on various forums the tune adjusts using the ethical sensor.

Ah yes... for the SHO 3.5 there isn't an adaptive E30 from Gearhead. They do Auto Octane which can take advantage of up to 93 octane (GOOD 93)... and then you can get a separate E30 with supporting modifications.

The raptor 3.5 has higher compression and thus has more octane sensitivity so Matt was able to build an Auto Octane to support 87 all the way through E30...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopherSho

SuperPete

Well guys, few months later to close this topic I got me XDI pump, installed and there is quick video how to swap on the fly at the gas station from E blend to 93 pump gas

https://youtu.be/hZZ244Mu3jI

bpd1151

Quote from: SuperPete on March 19, 2020, 01:41:13 PMhttps://youtu.be/hZZ244Mu3jI

Ha, 1st thing I notice is that the title of "Fastest Taurus SHO" is not only incorrect, but also false advertising. No offense.

For the official record, THIS IS THE FASTEST TAURUS SHO to date:

https://www.motor1.com/news/404475/taurus-sho-eight-second-pass/

Huge kudos to Mr. Zach (a.k.a. the "retard") Wright, and his entire team that made "The Blue Turd" able to pull off this 8 second Ford Taurus SHO".

Simply a stellar acheivement!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SuperPete

Don't get me wrong, I know all about THE Fastest SHO, this is just youtube marketing, I can bring other examples of people posting fastest this and fastest that.
Jordan here has WORLDS fastest SHO also :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VHE7WwPzig

SM105K

Quote from: SuperPete on March 21, 2020, 02:24:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I know all about THE Fastest SHO, this is just youtube marketing, I can bring other examples of people posting fastest this and fastest that.
Jordan here has WORLDS fastest SHO also :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VHE7WwPzig

Jordan has the Worlds Fastest EcoBoost SHO.

Zack has the Worlds Fastest SHO. There is a big difference.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |