• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No SYNC Services Subscriptions Available for Purchase!

Started by ZSHO, July 23, 2017, 10:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Starting July 1, 2017, the ability to purchase or renew a paid SYNC® Services subscription will no longer be available. If you have an active or complimentary subscription, you will be able to use all the features of SYNC Services until your subscription expires or August 1, 2018 at which point SYNC Services will no longer be available.  :o  Z

2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Ford Escape Forum
http://www.fordescape.org/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/91497-sync-services-being-discontinued-print.html

https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/account/how-tos/sync-services/purchase.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

What services does this affect? What years? I always thought it was free.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

I can't quite figure out what this means.  I use the POI feature regularly through the navigation system to find things.  Will that stop working?  I found on an F-150 forum where Ford told a customer that POI and search features would stop working.  That would be a major blow.

Abandoning support for current customers is a horrible business move.  I can promise you that, if features built into my car that I use stop working, I will have major, major reservations about buying another Ford vehicle.

In case Ford is reading this, I should explain what that means.  I'm 44 and have owned 11 Ford/Lincoln vehicles.  Pretty sure I'll own many more unless I get screwed over with a giant part of my vehicle that doesn't function. 
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

jmr061

Its best not to even bring up that SYNC Services is going bye-bye.  People don't know what it is and think their Navigation and navigation features will stop working.  THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Now if you call in for daily horoscope you may miss that (yes that is a feature of SYNC Services).  Most people never have even used SYNC Services.  The best feature of it used be where you could send mapping routes to your NAV system but that went by the wayside a while ago as the 3rd party map vendor(s) stopped supporting it.

The main use for SYNC Services was for those users that don't have Navigation in MFT or basic SYNC which you could have turn by turn directions sent to your car via a phone call (like internet modem days).  If you went off route your phone would call them again to update the route.  Very little used feature but I am sure there are a few people out there that use it and will miss it.
Jason
16 Edge Sport