• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dust Kit for rear doors??

Started by metroplex, April 05, 2017, 07:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroplex

Has anyone had TSB 13-12-2 performed? It's to reduce/eliminate the dust that collects in the rear door sill area. Ever notice how when you open the rear doors that a bunch of dust/dirt falls out or collects? I wondered that too, never had that happen on my Crown Vic.

The TSB basically says to install AG1Z-5420530-DB, which is over $800! Kind of pricey for a weatherstrip kit. I'm wondering what exactly is done or included, because the TSB says to repaint the panel.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

Wow, that retails for $800+ for basically foam seals. That's also a very shoddy "fix". I've always found a lot of dirt/dust in the sill of my rear doors. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? The foam seals might work, but is masking something in the aerodynamics of the car. I've never had a sedan that had that much dirt/dust collecting in the sills of the rear door.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ZSHO

FWIW found a gallon of water inside the rear drivers side door a while back due to the drains being clogged and could of been the result of the weather stripping.IDK
FYI There are two drains IIRC at each corner of every door and need to make sure they are not clogged and should be checked periodically IMO some Spring cleaning is called for.
Here's my very own personal thread below.  Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3710.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Ramairetransam

holy crap , ive noticed this , i get the car washed and open the rear doors to get my boys out and the bottom of the door vertical at the bottom is a freaking mess with sand and small rocks. How does so much s*** get in there. Seems like ford and lincoln did a bad job .
13 Mks Ecoboost

r1crusher

Quote from: ZSHO on April 05, 2017, 11:36:08 AM
FWIW found a gallon of water inside the rear drivers side door a while back due to the drains being clogged and could of been the result of the weather stripping.IDK
FYI There are two drains IIRC at each corner of every door and need to make sure they are not clogged and should be checked periodically IMO some Spring cleaning is called for.
Here's my very own personal thread below.  Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3710.0.html

I had so much water in that exact same door that you could hear it sloshing around when driving.  Took me a while to figure out what it was.  What I found is that the drains were not clogged but that the weather stripping at the bottom actually sealed up the drains.  I simply rub down the stripping with some silicon spray on a rag or just some armor all to keep the seal from sticking to the door itself letting the water drain out.  Problem solved!
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

Ramairetransam

cleaning it after a few washes opens up the drain at the seals but in the winter its annoying all the salt and dirt that collects there and it stays even after the car wash . Pisses me off in the winter when i put my son in the car and see it.
13 Mks Ecoboost

6500rpm

Bringing this back from the dead. Has anyone installed the kit or have pictures of the kit installed Yet?  Also, the TSB 13-12-2 still shows  model year 2010-2014. Have they fixed the issue in the 2015 and newer vehicles, or just haven't expanded the TSB to include them? My 13 is a dirt sucking magnet.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Quote from: 6500rpm on August 03, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
Bringing this back from the dead. Has anyone installed the kit or have pictures of the kit installed Yet?  Also, the TSB 13-12-2 still shows  model year 2010-2014. Have they fixed the issue in the 2015 and newer vehicles, or just haven't expanded the TSB to include them? My 13 is a dirt sucking magnet.
Its nothing a routine Hose cant handle!  :D  I hope all is well! Z  :)

15-17 Edge TSB!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r3zwsKy2YpYy6iugjGX_vI8rb2TxC_-V/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

My 2015 SHO had it happen. Easy to clean but poorly designed.

SHOdded

my guess is splash shields will help keep the stuff away from all the doors and underbody moldings.  i do not have any such issues with my 2007 Edge, and it has factory splash shields on it.  Muddy areas of course leave their mark, but not on the door sills.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

SHOdded, something like those small deflectors might help. That's another thing lacking on our car is a decent looking mud flap. Mine is driven daily and washed weekly, all it takes is one good rain and there's crap all down the side of the car and inside the door jams. My brother is a retired copper, avid car guy, and he's ruined me when it comes to keeping your car clean. I wipe down everything when I wash. Hood and trunk openings are mild, but the tires throw an inordinate amount of dirt and grime down the sides of the car and just like magic....all up inside the door jams. I guess the real key is keeping it away from the sides of the car.
A clean car's a happy car! That's big brother with his LC-note the towel under his hand, not so much as a finger print.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

that's what i wanted to say, mud flaps ... LOL.

Nice pic and nice ride :thumb: :thumb:  I esp love them in blue.

ZSHO

I pre-ordered the Splash guards back on 8/13 when purchasing the SHO new back on 8/13! They do provide a moderate protection against the elements and probably better suited for aesthetics with a fuller appeal IMO! Z

6500rpm

Z, our cars are about as close to twins as it gets coming down the assembly line. Do the splash guards do a decent job of keeping grime off the side of the car when driving in the rain? In reality, keeping stuff from being thrown up on the side of the car is 90% of the battle.