• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What would you do next?

Started by Mossdahaus, August 29, 2019, 04:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossdahaus

Looking to get some feedback as to what to do next - GH intercooler & MSD coils or XDI35 pump?

So far, I have a modified Airaid, catted SW downpipes, 170tstat, SP542 plugs, 18/19 rear mount and an E30 3bar tune by AJP Turbo. I do not plan to run E30 year round as I'll be switching back to my 93 tune for the winter months. I plan to do the parts listed above in both options eventually but wondering what would be the best overall choice.

My E30 tune is currently about 13psi @ 2500 RPM with timing hitting 21 degrees if that helps.

2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

GhostlyGrenade

2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

nickstewartroc

Intercooler is what I would do, but they're out of stock last I looked. I did the coils and found nothing of gain on them.
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

802SHO

I'd switch to sp542 plugs and really ought to consider the XDI pump.  Wish I had it but I opted to go with other items first.  One way to look at it is if you have the money for the pump if you get it now....in the future it will be easier to obtain the IC and coils bc they cost less and aren't as big of an impact on the wallet.  Even so I didn't grab one yet.....its hard to choose when you need ALL of them but are forced to pick. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

Due to availability issues, HPFP and fuel % sensor.  Even if you run 93, you can tell what you are really getting.  plus install is relatively easy.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

GhostlyGrenade

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on August 29, 2019, 06:13:27 PM
HPFP & E85 tune...
I didn't think full E85 tune was possible? What are you seeing for pressure and fuel trims?
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

Mossdahaus

Quote from: 802SHO on August 29, 2019, 04:55:43 PM
I'd switch to sp542 plugs and really ought to consider the XDI pump....

I had a derp moment apparently - I already have the SP542 plugs - I'll edit my original post (I forgot which ones I had as I was at work and creating this post in between emails). Brad suggested I go with a pump too but felt the intercooler was my next mod all along.
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

shoNoff

I was at the same exact crossroad with my Sho before I got rid of it. I came to the conclusion to go with the HPFP over the I/C. Really though you need both. Once you get the HPFP and turn it up you will heat soak badly. If you do the I/C without HPFP you are going to run out of fuel at a lower boost. I went with 802sho's thinking. I had the money saved for the big item may as well get it now. But then I broke the rear diff and got rid of the Sho lol.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

The these things are tricky.  Any and all contribute to the greater good.  The IC and new Intake at EPP would be a great combo as well
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

I would go with the HPFP first. The IC wont blow your motor for going lean if you are tuning for Max power on an Eblend. Then install the IC.

As far as Plugs. Talk to AJP. You might change your opinion. I was concerned with my choice and he alleviated it. Nothing wrong with the 542's mind you.

These are my OEM 534s still at .030 after 10k miles. They saw mostly E30 and E85.

You can get an E85 tune from AJP after you install the HPFP and get more out of it than me of course. I was at 10psi max if I remember right and forget the spark But she was faster than stock thats for sure. Ran her in the winter. He made adjustments and it started much better on the last revision.

StinkinLinkin13

I didn't think full E85 tune was possible? What are you seeing for pressure and fuel trims?
[/quote]

What he said...☝️ I actually run about a e65-70 blend with my current tune standalone. If I go straight E85 I need meth to supplement fuel.

That being said I am not tuned by AJP and I'm fairly confident he'd be the guy to make it happen. That is only my opinion/speculation. I'm aware my current tuner runs richer calibrations so there is still something left on the table. My intention is to see if AJP can hopefully get me an 11.99 as the Fastest MKS in the world. 🤯
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

GhostlyGrenade

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on August 29, 2019, 11:20:32 PM

What he said...☝️ I actually run about a e65-70 blend with my current tune standalone. If I go straight E85 I need meth to supplement fuel.

That being said I am not tuned by AJP and I'm fairly confident he'd be the guy to make it happen. That is only my opinion/speculation. I'm aware my current tuner runs richer calibrations so there is still something left on the table. My intention is to see if AJP can hopefully get me an 11.99 as the Fastest MKS in the world. 🤯
[/quote]

AJPTurbo definitely knows his stuff. I work too much to get enough play time with the SHO. I would have liked to keep going with revisions and testing but i ended up not datalogging for a few weeks(probably more) and figured he was busy so i havent emailed him since around easter.

What type of power, acceleration,(0-60) (0-100), etc... are you seeing with E60+? Ive never been to a track with mine, just flashlight drags at the airport.

Macgyver

AJP controls the E85 by limiting the boost so to speak. Fuel trims stay in line. I was running the E85 or whatever it tested at at 20 deg outside temp.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9629.msg145420.html#msg145420