• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13+ Taurus Gt350 style front bumper

Started by Quikv6, March 16, 2018, 12:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtmorgan23

the prototype version on the FB group also has a vent section cut out of the middle. Ill see if I can add a pic.

I think maybe the ability to release a large amount of heat might be more useful than the 40 pounds of weight savings.

They just posted they are doing a carbon fiber and fiberglass version.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

derfdog15

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on March 19, 2018, 05:52:04 PM
the prototype version on the FB group also has a vent section cut out of the middle. Ill see if I can add a pic.

I think maybe the ability to release a large amount of heat might be more useful than the 40 pounds of weight savings.

They just posted they are doing a carbon fiber and fiberglass version.

Possibly could be helpful. Then again, the majority of the heat issues in the SHO, is due to wonky OEM intercooler placement, and the lack of aftermarket intercooler options (though I think that is being worked on). IMO, I would spend the $$ on an intercooler upgrade before I spent the cash on a hood. The benefits of the heat extractor wont come close to those of a proper intercooler IMO.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

gtmorgan23

I really liked the thought of the hood and with the discounted pre-buy its like $805.

I thought further on it and would rather spend that coin on upgraded pads/rotors (which i need soon) and

the new AFE intake they are currently dyno testing and working on. (2 different prototypes per the AFE rep)

or that is almost close in price to PPE catted DPs which I want as well.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

derfdog15

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on March 20, 2018, 12:23:13 PM
I really liked the thought of the hood and with the discounted pre-buy its like $805.

I thought further on it and would rather spend that coin on upgraded pads/rotors (which i need soon) and

the new AFE intake they are currently dyno testing and working on. (2 different prototypes per the AFE rep)

or that is almost close in price to PPE catted DPs which I want as well.

IMO I would do brakes first, though unless you road race the car, the stock PP stuff should do fine, but big brakes are always nice so no harm in doing them.

When you say intake are you talking the actual intake, or CAI? If its the actual intake, I wasn't aware anyone was working on an aftermarket one, could have nice gains, or be worthless. I havent seen issues with the stocker as of yet. If its a CAI, probably not worth the cost vs. performance gain.

Downpipes are definitely worth doing for the power gains, would also consider the upgraded intercooler depending when those are ready.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

Dxlnt1

I MAY be interested but only IF it included DRL lights, and mesh bumper grille. Could be a complete front end make over.

I don't think there would be any weight loss benefits. But by channeling air could help with brake cooling and down force on car. Which in theory "should" or "could" help with brake performance. Especially for you track guys!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

ZSHO

To many questions than answers which outweigh the positives IMO!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Quikv6

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2018, 02:50:18 PM
Quik are you with extreme dimensions?
No I am not. I rarely use the forums either but I did want to spread the word as I know some of you aren't on facebook.
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.
2015 Roush Mustang VMP supercharged 750RWHP
2019 Ranger Lifted Mini Mall Crawler also Tuned by Torrie

Quikv6

Quote from: SHOdded on March 19, 2018, 11:26:51 AM
Surprised no one ever mentions shosource.com, I guess they are unknown to Gen 4+ guys?  Anyways, here is something you could look into if you want to get a CF hood.  Call them up and have a chat :)

http://www.shosource.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_98_99&products_id=685

would be neat to have a competing product to choose from, of course!
Many of us Gen4 guys have called they have never sold a single hood. They have never been made. Some of us are also previous gen Sho owners and remember the 3/4" panel gap on gen 3 Shosource hoods!! LOL
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.

Quikv6

Latest update from the facebook post:
Bumper $419 group buy price + 190 shipping in the lower 48 50% deposit needed $300
Pickup is available 419+8% tax in fullerton CA so deposit for pickup would be $226

Hood $419 for Fiberglass and $660 for carbon fiber +145 shipping 50% deposit needed again so $300 for glass shipped and $400 for Carbon shipped, or $226 for glass picked up and $355 for carbon picked up.

Contact Chris at extreme dimensions 7142788000 ext 19 or email chrisg@extremedimensions.com for deposit and further questions. (sorry guys I'm just a messenger)

20 preorders needed for each item we are currently halfway there on the bumper. no word on hood preorders yet.

Kevin

SHOdded

Looking forward to these projects coming to fruition!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Quikv6 on March 20, 2018, 06:34:04 PM
No I am not. I rarely use the forums either but I did want to spread the word as I know some of you aren't on facebook.
Much appreciated!

If they want our money, I think they'd be better served joining our friendly forum and responding to questions directly.

derfdog15

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 21, 2018, 12:20:08 AM
Much appreciated!

If they want our money, I think they'd be better served joining our friendly forum and responding to questions directly.

I've always been partial to vendors that join the forums, and find a guinea pig to let them test fit a product. The guinea gets to keep it of course, and its part of the R&D cost on the company side. That way we can see a real product, with real results and someone gets a lucky freebie.

J-Will

I do not get a great feeling with Sammy. If that's who represents the company, he's not putting on a great public face.

Who gets pissed when 20 people do not plunk down several hundred for each product, sight unseen, with piss poor "quick Photoshop" renderings... In only a few hours?

I hope the product succeeds and everyone is happy. But if I'm a buyer I'll gladly pay more to know what I'm getting: product track record, length of time in business and, (for some reason he considers this import??) size of the factory aside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AJP turbo

Quote from: derfdog15 on March 21, 2018, 09:14:26 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 21, 2018, 12:20:08 AM

I've always been partial to vendors that join the forums, and find a guinea pig to let them test fit a product. The guinea gets to keep it of course, and its part of the R&D cost on the company side. That way we can see a real product, with real results and someone gets a lucky freebie.

Yep you need to do something to gain interest....I have quite a few freebies 😁
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

gtmorgan23

I provided the link to this thread in hopes Sammy would make a username and start a post about the hood.

I too was hoping it would generate the 20 folks needed to initiate the building of the hood. I was initially super excited about it but then realized i had other things I needed for my car more so than wanted. Money is not an abundance for me sadly.

Derfdog15- I was referring to a CAI. AFE is currently prototyping 2 new designs.
Regarding the brakes I do not autocross however my SHO needs new pads or darn near. I was going to get the Powerstop kit that alot of people have had success with. (not sure on topcop or regular yet)

Either way I hope they get enough folks to make the bumper and the hood. I love seeing new things made for the SHO platform.
Someone also provided him with the link to the SHOForums. Its blocked at my work so I am hardly on there. This forum is not so I am able to utilize all the great info on here.

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can