• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Phenolic Spacers

Started by MKS Tom, July 28, 2019, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Steve posted an update Sunday on Facebook that the spacer was en route to a test fitter and he was hoping to have results this weekend. Unsure who it ended up going to.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

bpd1151

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on March 17, 2020, 11:39:15 AM
Steve posted an update Sunday on Facebook that the spacer was en route to a test fitter and he was hoping to have results this weekend. Unsure who it ended up going to.
BUMP for any update(s).....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ridered74

I thought I saw a post on facebook the other day saying their were some minor fitment issues and that they were going to make 3 or 4 more to send out for testing after they made adjustments. Can't seem to find the post now tho.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

FiveLeeter918

Spoke with Steve yesterday. He sent the first one to Matt, who made some adjustments and sent it back to him. He has it now, but his town is on a mandatory shelter at home so he can't go to his shop to make the new ones, but said as soon as he can he will get 3 or 4 more sent out to people to get data.
- Lee

MKS Tom

There is progress on these as Steve posted the other day about it:

X35 Design
May 17 at 8:08 PM ·
Test article intake spacer #2 for the SHO Ecoboost about to head to the mailbox. Should be heading into production within a couple of weeks for everyone else, just waiting to be sure there are no hidden issues before launch. Thanks for hanging in there, as I expand beyond the world of Subaru.
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: MKS Tom on May 20, 2020, 08:13:27 AM
There is progress on these as Steve posted the other day about it:

X35 Design
May 17 at 8:08 PM ·
Test article intake spacer #2 for the SHO Ecoboost about to head to the mailbox. Should be heading into production within a couple of weeks for everyone else, just waiting to be sure there are no hidden issues before launch. Thanks for hanging in there, as I expand beyond the world of Subaru.

Patiently waiting... sent my intake manifold off for port matching today so we'll see how it turns out with this.
- Lee

x35design

Hey Hello everyone-

I am that spacer guy.  I've been trying to keep a low profile up to now until things got rolling, which they now are!

I'm not set up as a vendor here yet, so I'm not going to say too much until that happens, but you can check my profile and links to more info will be there.

Thanks MKS Tom for giving me the nudge to get started on this.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: x35design on June 20, 2020, 01:02:40 PM
Hey Hello everyone-

I am that spacer guy.  I've been trying to keep a low profile up to now until things got rolling, which they now are!

I'm not set up as a vendor here yet, so I'm not going to say too much until that happens, but you can check my profile and links to more info will be there.

X35 Design thank you for signing up on the forum! I have created you a board in the vendor section to assist! This helps provide a dedicated space for you and the EBPF members find out more about your product, feel free to use it as you need! Its exciting to see new products for platform since it is a very niche group with not a lot of aftermarket support.

Please feel free to ping me if you need anything! And thank you for helping improve the platform!!!

x35design

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 20, 2020, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: x35design on June 20, 2020, 01:02:40 PM
Hey Hello everyone-

X35 Design thank you for signing up on the forum! I have created you a board in the vendor section to assist! This helps provide a dedicated space for you and the EBPF members find out more about your product, feel free to use it as you need! Its exciting to see new products for platform since it is a very niche group with not a lot of aftermarket support.

Please feel free to ping me if you need anything! And thank you for helping improve the platform!!!

You think you're a Niche group?  This is like mass market compared to my other Subaru SVX stuff lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

If anyone's curious for more info, the website or FB page is where I'm putting the updates, I'll put the same stuff in each place so you won't miss anything on either site.

I do hope to get some data from the two beta testers in some form, as I know that's a big question, but they both report reduced IAT due to the insulation of the manifold from the head.  Ford didn't do you much of a favor by running coolant thru the manifold, but to fix that would be a BIG project in form of a new manifold. 

So, anyhow..I'll be around here or in my own vendor subforum to answer questions where I can. 

Thanks everyone!

autox4fun

Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels

autox4fun

X35design spacer pictures
Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels

StealBlueSho

So I'm particularly interested in how well it insulates the manifold when your sitting in between runs at the track?

At the track I see 150F+ at the manifold after sitting for a minute. It drops with the help of the intercooler from Gearhead but if it didn't start out that high, then even better!

4sfed

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 20, 2020, 04:17:28 PM
So I'm particularly interested in how well it insulates the manifold when your sitting in between runs at the track?

At the track I see 150F+ at the manifold after sitting for a minute. It drops with the help of the intercooler from Gearhead but if it didn't start out that high, then even better!
What was it before the spacer?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)