• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cecil County Dragway Private Event.

Started by StealBlueSho, September 10, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I have been kicking the can around for a couple years about setting up an SHO drag event at one of the drag strips. It seems that a lot of people here are willing to drive to CCD. I went ahead and pinged them to see about private events/track rentals.. here is the information I received back.

$2500 to reserve the track for the day between 10am - 4pm.
This includes 60ft of track prep, 50 cents per foot after that.
Up to 20 racers with an additional $125 per racer after 20.
Spectators I THINK are $10 per person.

Who would be interested in doing this? You figure with 20 racers it would be $125 per person but you get unlimited runs/testing for the day.

I think if we get enough people, this could be a really cool event! 

Additionally, I am thinking about getting some trophies together.."The Fat b*tch Award" for Fastest SHO, Slowest SHO, etc... sponsored by Mama June of course.

Jordan

I feel like at $2500 you should be able to have more racers than just 20. A local group of mine just had a private strip event and it was $3000 with the prospects that you get a percentage of ticket sales back (to make your money / fund the event) They didn't end up making much over the ininial investment, but there was quite a few people there racing (I'd say around 75) and it didn't take more than 3 minutes at any given time to get to the strip. Just seems a lil expensive for the price per person to run. HOWEVER I do love the idea of it. Would be cool to make some big national meet that would could all go down to and participate in. Like a national ecoboost enthusiast meet.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on September 10, 2018, 04:14:57 PM
I feel like at $2500 you should be able to have more racers than just 20. A local group of mine just had a private strip event and it was $3000 with the prospects that you get a percentage of ticket sales back (to make your money / fund the event) They didn't end up making much over the ininial investment, but there was quite a few people there racing (I'd say around 75) and it didn't take more than 3 minutes at any given time to get to the strip. Just seems a lil expensive for the price per person to run. HOWEVER I do love the idea of it. Would be cool to make some big national meet that would could all go down to and participate in. Like a national ecoboost enthusiast meet.

I am sure there are other strips that make a better deal, however, I have inquired at Capital Raceway, Maryland International Raceway, and Cecil County Dragway. All three were about the same price so I put the feeler out there for CCD as a lot of the forum members seem to go there.

Which track are you referencing?

I do like the idea of an Ecoboost Track day... but I don't have the time to cooridinate that... I was thinking just to rent a track for the local east coast (and anyone else who wants to make the drive)...

LMS does a track day twice a year in MI...

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 10, 2018, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: Jordan on September 10, 2018, 04:14:57 PM

I am sure there are other strips that make a better deal, however, I have inquired at Capital Raceway, Maryland International Raceway, and Cecil County Dragway. All three were about the same price so I put the feeler out there for CCD as a lot of the forum members seem to go there.

Which track are you referencing?

I do like the idea of an Ecoboost Track day... but I don't have the time to cooridinate that... I was thinking just to rent a track for the local east coast (and anyone else who wants to make the drive)...

LMS does a track day twice a year in MI...

I am a little far off compared to you, but it's Ozark Raceway in Rogersville, Mo. Given I am only experienced with that one deal as it was a local car group that I am a member of that hosted it, it could be a good deal ha. Would be cool to see if you get that done. Keep us posted on it.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

@ - SBS you can Count me in 110% . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 10, 2018, 06:31:23 PM
@ - SBS Count me in 110% !  Z

If I can get 20ish people, we can work on a day the works for people and I will lay down the deposit and reserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 10, 2018, 06:32:44 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 10, 2018, 06:31:23 PM
@ - SBS Count me in 110% !  Z

If I can get 20ish people, we can work on a day the works for people and I will lay down the deposit and reserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That 10am-4 pm would be a weekend schedule IIRC which would be ideal!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Oddly enough I was thinking about doing something like this the other night. Then I was trying to come up with a good location for most of us on the east coast. Cecil county seems like a decent distance for all. It's roughly 6 1/2 to 7 hours for me. If I had plenty of notice like a few weeks and it was on a weekend, I'm sure I could make it. I think it would be a lot of fun running a bunch of us together.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

I guess with the cooler weather upon us,there would be no better time for an EPIC SHO in the making.  Z