• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

802SHO 2010 Build

Started by 802SHO, April 30, 2019, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

I would be super intrigued on the 13+ manifolds and how they work out. I got those 2010 problems as well.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

802SHO

Quote from: Twintrbskies on May 24, 2020, 09:55:25 PM
I would be super intrigued on the 13+ manifolds and how they work out. I got those 2010 problems as well.
I will let you know.  One thing to consider is not only do I have the 13+ but they're ported as well.  And porting isn't really worth wild unless you port match the turbos too.  Just remember that if you port the manifolds, port match the turbos also.  But just to add the 13+ manifolds, for both manifolds is under $200.  You will need all new gaskets.  That's about 80 or so for both manifolds and turbo gaskets as well as replace gaskets in your oil/coolant lines.  Just the 13+ stock flow about double the amount of air as 10-12 manifolds.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Twintrbskies

Honestly that's not alot of $ for better flow vs our manifolds IMO. I would like to swap them out stock vs stock just for that flow difference but depending on how much the porting runs and how much it helps might make that feasible as well.

looking forward to seeing how it works brotha.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

FoMoCoSHO

Pretty sweet upgrade for us Gen IV saps even without the porting.

The extra flow should help with heat buildup which is worse with E85 since it likes to burn hot.

I really wish I'd have known this when the turbos were replaced...

:banghead:

802SHO

Quote from: Twintrbskies on May 26, 2020, 09:53:33 PM
Honestly that's not alot of $ for better flow vs our manifolds IMO. I would like to swap them out stock vs stock just for that flow difference but depending on how much the porting runs and how much it helps might make that feasible as well.

looking forward to seeing how it works brotha.
At Max Power Automotive, where BPD1151 is getting his engine built, it cost me $500 for porting the new 13+ manifolds and another $100 to port match the turbos.  Thermal coating the manifolds cost $225. 

Pulling and sending my GH Turbos and swapping my manifolds over cost me my time and some skin on my knuckles!  I don't know what it would cost to pay someone to swap them over.

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

802SHO

I have data of new FMIC in comparison to GearHead IC.

My first revision for this year commands 16 psi. I did a 3rd gear pull. I found a 16 psi log from last year with GH IC. Identical ambient temps. 57.20. What are the odds? So this is a very close comparison.

Difference is I start my log last year doing the pull at 36mph. This year I start the pull 48mph. So by 79mph I hit 51° IAT2 vs 57° ambient. In that run from last yeah GH IC...I was at 89° IAT2 at 36mph so it pulled longer WOT and hit 51° at 79mph.

This year new FMIC also 16 psi tune and also 57.20 Ambient temps I was already cooler IAT2 before I started at 71°. And bc I started the pull at 48mph WOT I had less time to drop IAT2 and I hit 51° 2 mph faster than GH at 77mph.

Is it better than GH? Not necessarily. Is it worse? Absolutely not. Is it cheaper? Yes! But it will probably do more damage than good for stock turbo guys. I assume it robs more WGDC% than GH. Also GH is direct fit. The FMIC required some familiarity with a sawzall! Lol!

More tests need to be performed. But as far as first look it looks great. And for a comparison scenario...same ambient temp, same commanded 16 psi...couldn't ask for more.

I wanted to make sure it didn't underperform GH and it does not underperform. Goal met. Now let's find out what it's capable of!

GH has the nice linear IAT2 drop and is labeled Rev16.  FMIC is labeled Rev21 and has more of a sharp IAT2 drop...interesting is that IAT2 went back up for a second.  It'll be interesting to see what changes if any Brad makes to the tune...equally so what he thinks.  Still waiting for a response.

GotGrip?

I look forward to seeing if there's any difference at the track, less heatsoak at the line, and would be curious to see if its more effective doing the 1320!
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

802SHO

Quote from: GotGrip? on June 03, 2020, 10:45:24 AM
I look forward to seeing if there's any difference at the track, less heatsoak at the line, and would be curious to see if its more effective doing the 1320!
I think it will be.  I don't even know what it will do for a multigear pull yet.  I did notice just driving around it was staying pretty cool.  Like on that 3rd gear pull for my latest log I shared.  I left my spot at 110° IAT2...from a little driving to get into 3rd and launch from around 3200 rpm it was already down to 71°.  Right now waiting on an alignment appt for next Wed.  From everything I've done to the car over the months the alignment is wayy off...legit got sketchy close to 100mph for that log. 

GotGrip?

Right on, just did some logging earlier this week around 93 degrees out, pulled just into 4th gear temps stopped 122 IAT2 so not too bad at all. Plan on getting a Cry02 C02 sprayer down the road for a little extra dip in temps.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

802SHO

Quote from: GotGrip? on June 03, 2020, 11:02:17 AM
Right on, just did some logging earlier this week around 93 degrees out, pulled just into 4th gear temps stopped 122 IAT2 so not too bad at all. Plan on getting a Cry02 C02 sprayer down the road for a little extra dip in temps.
That's a good idea!  I also looked into an intercooler nitrous spray bar.  I already have nitrous so basically I got run another line to the spray bar and purge the system on the intercooler...maybe not even spray it in the engine anymore.  Not moving on that idea until I see a big need for it but it's on my mind.

Edit:  Do you have meth?  If not I would highly consider adding it.  93+meth and stock turbo, stock IC and stock fueling I hit a 12.06 full interior then I took my rear seats out and went back to the track in October that year for an 11.83.  A lot of luck went into that low 11.8 as the track was temp shut down for 3.5 hours in the am...DA was negative 1200 ft or so, and I was first down the track that morning so prep was outstanding.  Couldn't come close the rest of the day...hit a couple 11.9's and one 12.0. 

GotGrip?

I actually don't have meth, running e30 currently, but i had considered buying a snow kit a few months back it just fell off my radar after awhile. At this point I'm pretty much stuck where I'm at unless I look into meth or fuel pump. But before I get into that, I want to hit the track and see what times I'm running and decided if I want to keep moving or roll with where I am for a bit. Pre downpipes I put down 421/503 hoping to be around 450ish now. My goal is 500whp or 11 sec 1/4 which ever comes first! (even if i have to gut the interior for the day)

shaundizzle15

@802 what made you decide to switch intercoolers?
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

802SHO

Quote from: GotGrip? on June 03, 2020, 03:37:33 PM
I actually don't have meth, running e30 currently, but i had considered buying a snow kit a few months back it just fell off my radar after awhile. At this point I'm pretty much stuck where I'm at unless I look into meth or fuel pump. But before I get into that, I want to hit the track and see what times I'm running and decided if I want to keep moving or roll with where I am for a bit. Pre downpipes I put down 421/503 hoping to be around 450ish now. My goal is 500whp or 11 sec 1/4 which ever comes first! (even if i have to gut the interior for the day)
Yeah see where you're at first.  I've had meth for so long now Idk what life would be like without it lol

802SHO

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on June 03, 2020, 06:08:10 PM
@802 what made you decide to switch intercoolers?
I liked the look of it.  Gotgrip? Posted it on Shoforum and I was in my garage looking at my car with the bumper off and decided I would try it.  It was a cool project.  Most time consuming part was to decide what to do, how to run the piping and what I was willing to cut out of the way lol

802SHO

IC will be getting painted black. Original reason to bring back the all black look of my front end. Even better reason is bc it will force it to become A LOT more efficient. Crazy just by painting it Black!! Mighty Car Mods did this test, extensive measuring of heat across IC, heat soaking it and also adding air flow. Started off with a nice shiny IC...got all their data...then painted it black. Just by painting it black it reduced temps on the outlet side by a staggering 40°! This is also without airflow. So at the track waiting in the staging lanes....this is a HUGE BENEFIT!!!

GH IC being black isnt by mistake. I'd say my new IC black will actually be a lot better than GH since with it silver its marginally better already.

https://youtu.be/f1QL9veQaNg