• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MrHighCALiber's SHO Forged Engine Build

Started by mrhighcaliber, May 22, 2020, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhighcaliber

So one day im on the freeway doing about 70mph, I nail the gas climb to 137 and then acceleration diminishes. Maybe a slight stumble. I jump off the gas and take the next exit. It barely wants to stay running. I pull over and pop the hood, oil exploded every, dipstick blown out with such force that it left an area of the hood insulation damaged.

I could barely keep it running but I limped it home.

Pulled Dtcs. Then a cylinder power balance test. Cylinder 2 wasn't contributing.
Compression test for cyl 2 3psi.

160-180psi for the rest

So I began pulling the engine/trans and bank 1 cylinder head to find out what was got destroyed.[img width=400 height=300]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Yikes!!! I know you have a lot going on with this guy, you should start a thread in the build section!

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 22, 2020, 12:33:50 PM
Yikes!!! I know you have a lot going on with this guy, you should start a thread in the build section!
Man. That's what I was trying to do. How do I get this moved?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 22, 2020, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 22, 2020, 12:33:50 PM
Man. That's what I was trying to do. How do I get this moved?

Done! Moved to Ecoboost Swaps and Builds -> Vehicle Builds.

4sfed

That was fun until you mentioned the power going away.

Good luck with the build!  Looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

802SHO

Also looking forward to your build as it makes progress. 

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

mrhighcaliber

Cylinder 2 had some issues. 0psi compression was the main one. Lol

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 25, 2020, 08:48:42 PM

Wow... that's narsty lookin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

That's crazy!  Looks like she won't be down for long in your hands though

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: Macgyver on May 28, 2020, 01:53:00 AM
Was that from LSPI ?
No. HSPI. Lol. My foot was burried. 70-140mph pull. Started acting funny about 138mph. I pulled over, oil everywhere under the hood. Every cylinder and plug was oil fouled.

My theory is that a leaky turbo oil seal filled up the intercooler. When I nailed the gas on that pull, all of the oil in the intercooler blew into the engine, under load. I drove it home. Struggle to keep it running.

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: 802SHO on May 26, 2020, 05:15:44 AM
That's crazy!  Looks like she won't be down for long in your hands though

I'm trying. It's fun so far.

mrhighcaliber

Bores fine honed, measured at 9 points per cylinder. Cylinders are in spec. Even Cylinder 2! .00275 to .0035, bottom to top of each bore. Block cleaned, degreased, pressure washed. Oil pump received the same treatment.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 25, 2020, 08:48:42 PM

Wow that's ugly. The sleeves in these engines must be made from some high quality metals. Both you and Jordan  has some bad failures with minimal damage to the cylinder walls. How many miles on yours?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!