• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DiCunzolo GEN2 Upgraded Trans Mount Review!

Started by Jordan, April 09, 2019, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

18SHO

Quote from: Jordan on April 09, 2019, 08:29:16 PM
This right here is one of my absolute favorite mods. Originally my 1-2 shift was so harsh that I would lose traction. These mounts have completely changed the way the car feels when accelerating. The shifts are firm and direct and normal day to day driving isn't harsh like solid mounts on other cars. If I could had done this mod right out the gate I would had.

I originally purchased the gen 1 mounts he came out with last year and saw recently that he had revised and updated and contacted him about the newest revision he had. Well here they are! This is compared to the generation 1 mounts he made.

Now with grease fittings and a nice powder coat on it! Awesome little add ons from the originals. For being about two hundred bucks I can't recommend these things enough to anybody who wants to just make their car a bit more refined, increase launch traction, firm up those shifts and rip it down the road. (last part up to you)

You can contact the man who makes these on facebook or at tonyuep@aol.com. His name is Anthony DiCunzolo

Added his fb photo so you can find him easier, let him know Jordan sent you.

Awesome , how's the NVH compared to gen 1 any different?
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

Jordan

I'll report back once I have a good bit of seat time on them and they are broken in!

Jordan

Editted to show why the stock mounts are straight garbage! Crazy how much play those things have in them!!!

18SHO

Quote from: Jordan on April 09, 2019, 08:37:31 PM
I'll report back once I have a good bit of seat time on them and they are broken in!

Nice! I'm on the list for mine . I emailed anthony and when they are back in stock I'm pulling the trigger on them. Anything to cut some quarter mile time is a win win for me
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

Jordan

Quote from: 18SHO on April 09, 2019, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Jordan on April 09, 2019, 08:37:31 PM

Nice! I'm on the list for mine . I emailed anthony and when they are back in stock I'm pulling the trigger on them. Anything to cut some quarter mile time is a win win for me

Absolutely agree and the price point is not bad at all considering the benefits. Really the best bang for buck physical mod you can do.

shoNoff

I just emailed him myself. Thanks for the info Jordan. I'm so tired of my dashboard feeling like it's going to fall off on a 1/2 shift at the track.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Quote from: shoNoff on April 09, 2019, 10:25:50 PM
I just emailed him myself. Thanks for the info Jordan. I'm so tired of my dashboard feeling like it's going to fall off on a 1/2 shift at the track.

Yeah that shutter really made me grit my teeth when I would do launches. Those stock mounts move so much it's really crazy. Just got out on a test drive on these new and improved ones and they feel smoother than the previous ones. Probably because of the greasing. Really a nice touch.

StinkinLinkin13

I put myself on that list as well... I'm not really expecting much but I do prefer less movement than the stock mounts provide. They almost seem useless... I am a little worried about the NVH but I can adapt if the pros out weigh the cons.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SM105K

Looks like I will be pulling the trigger as well.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

Quote from: Jordan on April 09, 2019, 10:50:47 PM

Yeah that shutter really made me grit my teeth when I would do launches. Those stock mounts move so much it's really crazy. Just got out on a test drive on these new and improved ones and they feel smoother than the previous ones. Probably because of the greasing. Really a nice touch.

I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm just being impatient as I just emailed him last night lol. I could always tell what kind of pass I was on by how hard the 1/2 shift was lol. Unless you want to sell me your version 1's  ;D

Jordan

Quote from: shoNoff on April 10, 2019, 11:00:18 AM

I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm just being impatient as I just emailed him last night lol. I could always tell what kind of pass I was on by how hard the 1/2 shift was lol. Unless you want to sell me your version 1's  ;D

Haha! If I hadn't already offered them to my local buddy who has a sho I would have them up for grabs!

shoNoff

Quote from: Jordan on April 10, 2019, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on April 10, 2019, 11:00:18 AM

Haha! If I hadn't already offered them to my local buddy who has a sho I would have them up for grabs!

He answered me a bit ago. I'll be on the list as well. Thanks for the info Jordan!

ecoboostsho

Is this as easy as it looks?  Jack up the car and just unbolt them one at a time and replace?  No jacking of the actual engine/trans is required or anything?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Jordan

Quote from: ecoboostsho on April 10, 2019, 02:23:16 PM
Is this as easy as it looks?  Jack up the car and just unbolt them one at a time and replace?  No jacking of the actual engine/trans is required or anything?

Just jack up the driver side of the car grab your 15mm wrench and get to going. No need to jack up the trans or anything else other than the car. One is a slight pain due to the downpipes but totally manageable. Second time around took me maybe 5 minutes of actual work with my impact. Zipped 3 of them off and did 1 by hand.