• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Well....

I added a new EB to the stable today....

2016 Fiesta ST with 10K miles on the clock!

Built September of 2015 and has been well taken care of from what I can tell.

It has fifteen52CUP front spoilers which have been fitted and painted black to match. I believe it was tuned has it has one step colder plugs.

Sumitomo HTRZII tires...

Still plugging away at it trying to figure out what is all been done that might need to be undone lol...

Tuner is getting order along with some other goodies... a full race motor is dirt cheap for these so I MIGHT get stoooopid with this one... autoX next year is gonna be fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Nice addition!

Meaty shoes from what I can tell, and paint looks to be decent too.

Fun lil pocket rocket for sure. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nickstewartroc

I've got a 16' FiST, love it! Actually traded my SHO in on it going on 4 years ago now. Check out Fiestastforum.com and https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

StealBlueSho

Quote from: nickstewartroc on December 14, 2019, 09:38:44 PM
I've got a 16' FiST, love it! Actually traded my SHO in on it going on 4 years ago now. Check out Fiestastforum.com and https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/

So I already did based on your recommendation awhile ago :-) Same username I have hear... posted In the new members area. Thanks for the suggestion!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 14, 2019, 09:13:19 PM
Nice addition!

Meaty shoes from what I can tell, and paint looks to be decent too.

Fun lil pocket rocket for sure. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Paint is in good shape for 4 years old. Not anywhere near as nice as the SHO paint. It doesn't have the flakes in the clear...

Shoes are nice, I might switch them out for AS since this will be a daily... we will see how these perform..

I was able to quite easily kick the tail around which was fun... the SHO can do it but it's a totally different beast as we all know.

SM105K

YES YES YES!  If I physically fitted comfortably in a FiST I would have picked it over the Focus ST.  Just be careful.  My Focus has really fast turning that I have gotten used to.  The SHO doesn't turn in as fast, and it has almost caused me to curb my wheels.  If the FiST turns in fast, your SHO will feel really like the land yacht is it.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on December 16, 2019, 08:45:27 AM
YES YES YES!  If I physically fitted comfortably in a FiST I would have picked it over the Focus ST.  Just be careful.  My Focus has really fast turning that I have gotten used to.  The SHO doesn't turn in as fast, and it has almost caused me to curb my wheels.  If the FiST turns in fast, your SHO will feel really like the land yacht is it.

Yes, the FiST is stupid nimble... turns quick... I feel EVERYTHING... it really is a drivers car. I forgot how much I MISSED spirited driving with a manual trans.. the 6sp in this is buttery smooth and the clutch is light. From a driving perspective.. the FiST is way more fun to drive than the SHO.. but the SHO has that grunt plus ALL the creature comforts..

Took it over to my favorite dealer.. I was able to swap over the ESP Premium Care+ from my Fiesta SE to my FiST with a little extra money required but worth it. The 2016 FiST technically is till covered until Feb, 8 2020 on the 3 year 36/k mile warranty but now will be covered until 75K Miles or Feb 2024.

Jacked the car up yesterday and did a full look around made some phone calls.. The last recorded oil change was full synthetic at 9500 miles at the Koons Ford in Arlington. Unfortunately the dealer that I bought it from had changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter with el cheapo filters. The passenger side Sway Bar Stabilizer End Link seals are shot which is odd. The passenger side axle seal at the trans is weeping which is a known issue. After market on this car that I have found thus far is the AWR Racing Rear Motor Mount which is why the NVH is through the roof.. it also have the Fifteen52 CUPS front spoilers.. not sure what else has been done.. everything else appears to be stock.

Anyway.. left the car at the dealer and took home a loaner. They are going to swap the oil back to full synthetic and an OEM oil filter.. after having multiple EB motors, full synthetic and proper oil filters seem to make a difference. They are also going to look at fixing the above issues under warranty but if they find it due to impact damage then they will tell me and I will need to pay to have them fixed... or at least partial pay.

Aftermarket looks pretty impressive for these.. Clearly these are not designed to be a 1/4mile track monster but more AutoX so I am going to move it in that direction with the modifications.. Thinking of going with Livernois Stratisfied for the tune as thats what most of the community is going with it seems. Mountune is another... Maybe I should drop the "Who has the best tune?" dump over at the fiesta st forum... lol...

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 16, 2019, 02:25:04 PM

Yes, the FiST is stupid nimble... turns quick... I feel EVERYTHING... it really is a drivers car. I forgot how much I MISSED spirited driving with a manual trans.. the 6sp in this is buttery smooth and the clutch is light. From a driving perspective.. the FiST is way more fun to drive than the SHO.. but the SHO has that grunt plus ALL the creature comforts..

Took it over to my favorite dealer.. I was able to swap over the ESP Premium Care+ from my Fiesta SE to my FiST with a little extra money required but worth it. The 2016 FiST technically is till covered until Feb, 8 2020 on the 3 year 36/k mile warranty but now will be covered until 75K Miles or Feb 2024.

Jacked the car up yesterday and did a full look around made some phone calls.. The last recorded oil change was full synthetic at 9500 miles at the Koons Ford in Arlington. Unfortunately the dealer that I bought it from had changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter with el cheapo filters. The passenger side Sway Bar Stabilizer End Link seals are shot which is odd. The passenger side axle seal at the trans is weeping which is a known issue. After market on this car that I have found thus far is the AWR Racing Rear Motor Mount which is why the NVH is through the roof.. it also have the Fifteen52 CUPS front spoilers.. not sure what else has been done.. everything else appears to be stock.

Anyway.. left the car at the dealer and took home a loaner. They are going to swap the oil back to full synthetic and an OEM oil filter.. after having multiple EB motors, full synthetic and proper oil filters seem to make a difference. They are also going to look at fixing the above issues under warranty but if they find it due to impact damage then they will tell me and I will need to pay to have them fixed... or at least partial pay.

Aftermarket looks pretty impressive for these.. Clearly these are not designed to be a 1/4mile track monster but more AutoX so I am going to move it in that direction with the modifications.. Thinking of going with Livernois Stratisfied for the tune as thats what most of the community is going with it seems. Mountune is another... Maybe I should drop the "Who has the best tune?" dump over at the fiesta st forum... lol...

I have said since day one that my ST is way more to drive the than my SHO.  For all the reasons you mentioned.

A short shifter is a must. I have a FSWerks on my Focus and love it.  If this one is like mine...you will really like it.

https://smile.amazon.com/FSWERKS-Short-Shift-Kit-2014-2017/dp/B0788ZQ361/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fswerks+fiesta+st+short+shifter&qid=1576525699&sr=8-1

I like the Booma BOV but it is too much for other people.

Brad did my Flex Fuel Tune and it is amazing.  I have run everything from 87 to E85 and you can tell the difference in all levels of fuels.  I would definitely inquire with him about one.     
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on December 16, 2019, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 16, 2019, 02:25:04 PM

I have said since day one that my ST is way more to drive the than my SHO.  For all the reasons you mentioned.

A short shifter is a must. I have a FSWerks on my Focus and love it.  If this one is like mine...you will really like it.

https://smile.amazon.com/FSWERKS-Short-Shift-Kit-2014-2017/dp/B0788ZQ361/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fswerks+fiesta+st+short+shifter&qid=1576525699&sr=8-1

I like the Booma BOV but it is too much for other people.

Brad did my Flex Fuel Tune and it is amazing.  I have run everything from 87 to E85 and you can tell the difference in all levels of fuels.  I would definitely inquire with him about one.   

Does Brad tune the FiST?

SM105K

I don't know, that is why I said inquire with him first.  Because if he can do a flex fuel tune on the FiST I think it would be worth it. It is worth every penny on my Focus. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on December 16, 2019, 03:22:12 PM
I don't know, that is why I said inquire with him first.  Because if he can do a flex fuel tune on the FiST I think it would be worth it. It is worth every penny on my Focus.

SCT or Cobb?

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 16, 2019, 03:25:09 PM
Quote from: SM105K on December 16, 2019, 03:22:12 PM

SCT or Cobb?

I used the SCT x4 on my Focus.

MKS Tom

I did add an MKT EB to the house to go along with my MKS EB last week.  I will have some fun with it in the spring. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Update on the FiST..

Found the previous owner...

Car was bagged, tuned, and had different wheels...

Car has been at the dealer most of the week getting checked...

Endlink sway-bar Stabilizer and axle seal were replaced on the passenger side. Also had them do an oil change since it was there. They also looked the car over and said otherwise it's good.

The parts repair were covered under warranty...which is still under bumper to bumper until February 2020.

Sooo I stopped by my local performance shop and picked up a Cobb AP and installed the OTS Stage 1 Cobb tune... according to the community the Cobb OTS tunes are decent and way better(safer) than the SCT OTS stuff. Custom Dyno tunes are almost identical to the Cobb stuff... at least with just a tune and filter...

Tune makes it really fun for sure!

Also ordered ST all weather mats, ST deadpedal, and KN panel filter...

Interesting was the stock tube OAR was at -.73 and after the Cobb tune quickly went to -1...