• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 pp driveline in 2010 sho questions.

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, August 03, 2019, 08:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

So my 2010 sho blew the engine at 150k ish. I'm driving 6 hours right now to pick up a super low mileage engine/trans/trans out of a wrecked 2014 police Taurus. So I know there's 2? Sensors to swap on the engine but is there anything else to complete the swap?
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

ZSHO

TC might not fit! Best of luck with the swap. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Did you check the final drive ratio, to make sure they are the same.  Think you need to change the crank and cam sensors, to the one off you original motor and maybe the flywheel too.  When you have your original driveline out, put it side by side to the one you just bought and go over both carefully to see any differences.  Good luck.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Spyder3000gtvr4

Thanks for the answers guys I ended up driving 6 hours each way to not buy it, very disappointed.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

So I finally got an engine from a 13/14 and it's in the car. I changed the 3 hole flywheel from the 13/14 to the 4 hole on the 10 as well as the ac compressor. What 2 sensors will I have to swap out? I'm going to work on the wiring harness tomorrow. Thanks guys

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

I'm going to assume the crank sensor is the on buried behind the front turbo that I love so much and no idea what the "cop" sensors are.

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on August 30, 2019, 08:11:25 AM
I'm going to assume the crank sensor is the on buried behind the front turbo that I love so much and no idea what the "cop" sensors are.

COPs to me are normally the coil on plug, I know between 2010-2012 and 2013+ are different. The 2013+ are 3 pin and earlier are 2 pin
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 30, 2019, 12:03:55 PM
No need to guess :)  nick graciously hosts the 2014 sho factory manual and you should pore thru it
http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Service%20Manual.htm
Not bad indeed! But have the dealer version at my disposal. Lol. Z  :P

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

Uhg made a nice whole long post and tried posting with pictures but no luck. Basically swapped the 2 sensors on the heads drivers side. Also changed the fpr since the fuel line elbow is bent 90* between the 2 engines so for peace of mind didn’t want to bend the fuel line. But came across 2 problems.
I have 2 wires that the labels fell off of and my pictures don’t show. Pretty sure smaller wire goes to starter as it reaches nicely and thicker wire is an engine ground.
Second problem is newer engine has what looks like an antifreeze tube that my older engine doesn’t have. I’ve tried numerous times to post a picture but it won’t post. The tube is on the passenger side of the engine under the bigger antifreeze tube

ZSHO

Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on September 06, 2019, 02:04:21 PM
Uhg made a nice whole long post and tried posting with pictures but no luck. Basically swapped the 2 sensors on the heads drivers side. Also changed the fpr since the fuel line elbow is bent 90* between the 2 engines so for peace of mind didn't want to bend the fuel line. But came across 2 problems.
I have 2 wires that the labels fell off of and my pictures don't show. Pretty sure smaller wire goes to starter as it reaches nicely and thicker wire is an engine ground.
Second problem is newer engine has what looks like an antifreeze tube that my older engine doesn't have. I've tried numerous times to post a picture but it won't post. The tube is on the passenger side of the engine under the bigger antifreeze tube
Send me a link of the Pics via Pm and will upload them for ya shortly! Z 

SHOdded

The cooler tube difference is due to it being from an Interceptor.  There was a thread on the shoforum regarding that discovery during a swap.

I think it was Scott Milligan who posted about it.  And left that tube capped?  I don't recall exactly.

ZSHO

Engine ground and starter cable! Z