• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Started by Cruisin65, August 03, 2020, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruisin65

Greetings to everyone. I currently live in southeast Ohio. I am retired after 41 years of working for a petroleum company. I must warn you that I am "Tech Challenged" so please forgive me if I ask what may be simple to answer questions. My ride is a 2018 Shadow Black SHO. I have probably all the same mods as everyone else with the exception of running E30 or methanol. Earlier this year I switched from the Livernois tune which gave me a best time of 12.88 @ 106 and installed the SCT X4 from GH and my time dropped to a best of 13.189 @ 104! I would like to keep the SCT for the data logging feature but may switch back to Livernois. Any ideas? Just remember my tech disability! Thanks!

SM105K

Quote from: Cruisin65 on August 03, 2020, 04:41:58 PM
Greetings to everyone. I currently live in southeast Ohio. I am retired after 41 years of working for a petroleum company. I must warn you that I am "Tech Challenged" so please forgive me if I ask what may be simple to answer questions. My ride is a 2018 Shadow Black SHO. I have probably all the same mods as everyone else with the exception of running E30 or methanol. Earlier this year I switched from the Livernois tune which gave me a best time of 12.88 @ 106 and installed the SCT X4 from GH and my time dropped to a best of 13.189 @ 104! I would like to keep the SCT for the data logging feature but may switch back to Livernois. Any ideas? Just remember my tech disability! Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.  Lots of info on here.  Pertaining to your tune, have you sent GH a data log and had any revisions?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Cruisin65 on August 03, 2020, 04:41:58 PM
Welcome!!!! Lots of good people and good information!!! 

Might be OAR? How long after you changed the tune did you run at the track?

Also a datalog might help see what is going on?

Additionally where are the pictures of this SHO?!?!

TopherSho

hmmm what was your elevation?  I'd be surprised that GearHead could not Top a LMS tune,  for comparison My SHO on a SCT AJP tune ran a best of 13.01,  and ran 13.2 AVG on 105f days at sea level (about 600da)

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ridered74

His OAR was perfect, I ran into him at national trails last month, elevation 800ish and DA was about 3200 that day. I loaded my AO tune for my next trip there and ran a 12.61 in similar DA.

He emailed me a log and it looked pretty similar to mine. Only thing that stuck out to me was his 0-60 mph time was 5.3 seconds and mine is a hair under 4.3 seconds. As far as why, that is the great mystery.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

FiveLeeter918

Did you send Matt your log? What did he say?
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

SM105K

Quote from: ridered74 on August 04, 2020, 12:54:31 AM
His OAR was perfect, I ran into him at national trails last month, elevation 800ish and DA was about 3200 that day. I loaded my AO tune for my next trip there and ran a 12.61 in similar DA.

He emailed me a log and it looked pretty similar to mine. Only thing that stuck out to me was his 0-60 mph time was 5.3 seconds and mine is a hair under 4.3 seconds. As far as why, that is the great mystery.

Was he spinning?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ridered74

Quote from: SM105K on August 04, 2020, 11:17:00 AM
Quote from: ridered74 on August 04, 2020, 12:54:31 AM

Was he spinning?

Not sure, he was a couple cars ahead of me in the staging lanes so I didn't get to actually see his runs, but his 60' was either pretty close to mine or slightly better.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost