• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best way to contact?

Started by FearlessAZ, April 19, 2017, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Ok, I just received this EMail from MDesign in response to my query.  HTH.

Quote-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Thu, Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm
Subject: Re: Form Submission - New Form - Replacement parts needed

Hello M,

You are most welcome, we sincerely appreciate the concern.

As our MDesign Performance Carbon Cold Air Intake systems are designed and engineered in order to create an optimum performing cold air intake system, MDesign Performance is the sole supplier of any MDesign Performance product component. Our designs are protected in order to maintain the quality and authenticity of our products therefore any component sourced other than MDesign Performance would be counterfeit.

In furtherance of maintaining the quality of our products our MDesign Performance Carbon Cold Air Intake systems are delivered with a limited lifetime warranty. As long as we can authenticate a MDesign Performance product and the product seeking to be warrantied is physically available in order to be sent in for warranty processing the product may be warrantied. If the owner of a MDesign Performance product is not the original owner they may now continue to take advantage of the limited lifetime warranty offered on our products.

In regards to the member of the forum, we have been contacted by said member and have begun the process in order to provide the member with a replacement!

We thank you again for your support and patronage, please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

All the best,

Rose M.
Customer Service

www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/mdesignperformance
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

It seems that policy changed since my first email this morning with them. I got another a few hours later asking if I  was in possession of the scoop and to take pictures and so forth.

If this is their new decision, then kudos to MDesign. People like to see that "extra mile" .

I will continue to update this thread until it reaches a conclusion. I hope that things continue to move forward to a desirable position for both MDesign and myself. I in no way want to hurt the reputation of this company or try and get product for free. That was never the intent of this thread.

And good lookin out, SHOdded. You definitely earned a lot more respect in my book (not like you need any more  :thumb: )
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

Well, MDesign is kind of a homegrown  business that has some roots here.  I want to see it succeed of course, but bad customer service is something I will not stand for.

And if this does end up helping you, that would make me very happy.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 20, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
It seems that policy changed since my first email this morning with them. I got another a few hours later asking if I  was in possession of the scoop and to take pictures and so forth.

If this is their new decision, then kudos to MDesign. People like to see that "extra mile" .

I will continue to update this thread until it reaches a conclusion. I hope that things continue to move forward to a desirable position for both MDesign and myself. I in no way want to hurt the reputation of this company or try and get product for free. That was never the intent of this thread.

And good lookin out, SHOdded. You definitely earned a lot more respect in my book (not like you need any more  :thumb: )
Great to see you are making some progress in getting your situation resolved Fearless!

but also . . .
REALLY!!!??? After getting some negative feedback on the forums(obviously they've seen this thread) and getting an email from a forum moderator they change their stance on everything!

Integrity= doing the right thing when no one is looking. Not when all eyes are on you.

I presented this question to them twice and the OP once and the answer was no. No all of the sudden it has changed. It will be interesting to see if they continue to honor this policy in the future with others who have purchased a used intake or if this is more of a temporary damage control move.

anyhow . . . best of luck to the OP.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

FearlessAZ

I am pretty sure that MDesign contacted me before SHOdded had a chance to shoot over his email (or before they responded?). But either way, I am giving them the chance to make it right. I got the scoop pulled tonight. Here are a few pictures.

When I saw the crack and the broken piece before I left KCMO, I pulled the scoop to try to glue what I could. I didn't think it would have been good to drive 1300 miles with no scoop on. This scoop has only been handled a few times during my ownership. When I put it in, it looked good as new. Before I left KCMO, I pulled it out to glue the crack and what I could. And to pull it out to take pictures. I am unsure how it could possibly warp like that or crack just from normal highway driving.

FearlessAZ

So far, no response since sending pictures last night. Probably still in shock, like I am, wondering how the hell it even ends up like this.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 21, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
So far, no response since sending pictures last night. Probably still in shock, like I am, wondering how the hell it even ends up like this.
Any response from M design? they get you covered?
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FearlessAZ

They told me to ship the piece in. Should of arrived at their PO Box last night. Haven't heard anything else. Hoping they pick it up today and get me a response sometime today but that is wishful thinking.

FearlessAZ

Still haven't heard anything. And my scoop has been in their PO Box since 4/29 AM. Still hasn't been picked up.

SHOdded

FearlessAZ

Quote from: SHOdded on May 02, 2017, 11:31:51 PM
Ping them.  Hard.

I will be emailing them in the morning. I knew there was some rough weather up that way and I did not expect them to pick up from PO Box on the weekend. Figured today at the latest for them to pick it up.

BlueSHO

Following to see how this turns out. Seems like quite the fiasco so far. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

I'm a bit surprised in the turn of events because MDesign has always done the right thing in my book but hopeful someone will chime in and provide us with a viable resolution to the OP issue on hand and keep us updated on all counts. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

I gave them a few day grace period to pick it up from the PO Box. I emailed them this morning. Hopefully hear something today. And who knows if there aren't any other circumstances at play. I am really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.