• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

68_GT

did mine this morning with these stoppers for $4.00 ea from Advance Auto. The front BOV off definately audible not too loud. Both off a little too loud for my liking. The rear only off maybe just right.

*****IF YOU DO IT THIS WAY.....use your common sense and DO NOT overtighten these plugs or it could split the intake pipe especially since there's a seam on the plastic that runs though these plastic ports. I turned mine about 1.5 full turns and it's plenty snug to not come out. 1 turn may be plenty depending on how snug it is when it goes in. Enjoy....

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

SwampRat

Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 01:41:27 PM
did mine this morning with these stoppers for $4.00 ea from Advance Auto. The front BOV off definately audible not too loud. Both off a little too loud for my liking. The rear only off maybe just right.

*****IF YOU DO IT THIS WAY.....use your common sense and DO NOT overtighten these plugs or it could split the intake pipe especially since there's a seam on the plastic that runs though these plastic ports. I turned mine about 1.5 full turns and it's plenty snug to not come out. 1 turn may be plenty depending on how snug it is when it goes in. Enjoy....

Pretty slick solution for sure and much easier to get !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 01:41:27 PM

It does look sharp!   

One question 68:

If the nut comes loose can the bolt fall out?...   Obviously this would be bad in a turbo feed line.... I just don't know the expansion plug you used.

I was going to use something like this for my RX catch can install, but Tracey told me they just use drilling to eliminate the chance of solid objects in the intake.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

68_GT

good point guys. I'll pull it out drill the bolt and put a cotter pin in end today !

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 02:17:15 PM
good point guys. I'll pull it out drill the bolt and put a cotter pin in end today !

There's the wise solution!  :thumb:  ... Good thinking 68!  :beer2:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

68_GT

I took the plugs off yesterday too much rish and the bolt was too short with that nut on to have anywhere for a cotter pin to go through it. Maybe if I can find a thinner nut I can pull it off.

Weird thing is the car seemed a littel down on power while venting out ??? Probably beasue I was listening to the new noises I guess ?? Anyone else ever think this ? make any sense at all ???

crash712us

I'd drill thru nut and bolt or find a small castle nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on May 02, 2014, 09:33:15 AM
I took the plugs off yesterday too much rish and the bolt was too short with that nut on to have anywhere for a cotter pin to go through it. Maybe if I can find a thinner nut I can pull it off.

Weird thing is the car seemed a littel down on power while venting out ??? Probably beasue I was listening to the new noises I guess ?? Anyone else ever think this ? make any sense at all ???

Maybe since it's vacuum (intake) tubing the silicon cap is a better idea... I have had Locktite fail on  firearm scopes occasionally, so I personally wouldn't trust it... not even the red version... consequences of failure are too high (new turbos).

Can't speak to the real world performance... times, etc.... but no dyno difference when VTA. 
Maybe some prevention of exhaust gas recycling getting concentrated a bit from PCV system by not recirculating blow-off to turbo feed piping.

68_GT

yeah a large vaccum cap is probably the best idea I just couldn't find one big enough. YET.

EcoPowerParts

No power difference VTA, maybe you unplugged something or didn't tighten a tube back up and you have a boost leak.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

SwampRat

Quote from: 68_GT on May 02, 2014, 02:44:00 PM
yeah a large vaccum cap is probably the best idea I just couldn't find one big enough. YET.

Slightly used for free , if you want them PM me  ...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#silicone-caps/=rslats

2021 Edge ST

ZSHO

I used dorman 3/4 vacuum end cap,looks very thick and durable,as you can see the MC is very thin.The dorman cap has a perfect snug fit.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|