• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Don’t see much on here about ***. Looking at them, Gearhead, and AJP

Started by Ls2bait, February 14, 2020, 11:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ls2bait

Finally getting around to mess with the X sport a bit. Looking around *** had significant dump increases on their website which may or may not be apples to apples, but I've read a lot of good stuff about AJP on here. I don't want to go crazy as it's my baby hauler. Looking to do a 3 bar tune with a cold air intake and possibly catted downpipes in the future? Just like all the irrational people in the world I'd like it to not sacrifice day to day duties and make as much power WOT as possible and wake up with the loud pedal pressed. Hoping to get it on the same level my bolt on/ tuned Trailblazer SS was    Thoughts/ suggestions?

SM105K

There is a reason you don't see Sierra Sierra India on this board.  They are straight trash. Period. Brad (AJP) will do you right.  Just a tune, and it will be really fun.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Ls2bait

Ya I just noticed it's even blocked 😬

Got the FR500 wheels installed this week just needs to power to turn them 😄

Jordan

I can't say enough good things about AJPTurbo and gearhead. Both are wonderful options and stay clear of the censored one like the plague
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Ls2bait

I also noticed on the way to work the other day I was behind a limited that had a flex fuel badge. Are the 3.5 EB's able to run E85 as well? There's several stations in the area that sell it near me.

Jordan

Quote from: Ls2bait on February 14, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
I also noticed on the way to work the other day I was behind a limited that had a flex fuel badge. Are the 3.5 EB's able to run E85 as well? There's several stations in the area that sell it near me.

3.5 ecoboost can't unless you have an upgraded fuel system. Can't handle the demand unfortunately

Ls2bait

Jordan

Quote from: Ls2bait on February 15, 2020, 09:21:33 AM
Ok so tune and cold air intake it is.

Check out the ecoboost power parts intake. It's the best intake and leagues ahead of all of the others

Ls2bait

I already have an AFE with the lid I picked up after I bought it so I'll likely be using that one. I run 93 exclusively since I got it and I've seen a huge jump in fuel economy from that by itself so I'll be sticking with that since they can't handle E85. Definitely would want a 3bar MAP as well. Plugs one temp colder and gapped to .028?

lamrith

Quote from: Jordan on February 14, 2020, 06:38:51 PM
Quote from: Ls2bait on February 14, 2020, 05:16:11 PM

3.5 ecoboost can't unless you have an upgraded fuel system. Can't handle the demand unfortunately
No they cannot handle E85.  BUT there are a number of people on here running E30 with very good results.  It does require paying attention and filling up with proper ratio of Normal fuel (usuallyE15?) and the E85 to keep your ratio at E30.

Another strong vote for AJP.  I have been running his tune for close to 2yrs now, daily driver and love it.  I considered going back to stock since I have a hotrod project now, didn't make a week stock and said not worth switching back! 

Not sure if it std for AJP, but I asked him to do a Jekyl and Hyde tune with mine.  In D it def has more power than stock, but it drives very mellow and something wife or even kid can take out and drives like a stock rig.  Sport mode though, is a whole different animal, throttle response and power is very instant and the car is just ready to rumble at a mere touch of the throttle.  My wife holds onto something when she sees me drop it into sport mode now, she knows mischief is afoot.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Ls2bait

From what I've read I may not have many options due to the fact I have a MacBook and no windows OS device. Looks like SCT only works with windows?

Ls2bait

I went with the Livewire from Brad and I'm looking through screen configuration and one of them shows mph. However when I click on a gauge to set as mph there isn't an option for that. Am I missing something?