• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3Bar Map sensor- no Meth

Started by bigmoneycloser, February 14, 2014, 06:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Ok so I had LMS update my tunes to run the 3bar I bought a while back in hopes of XV1...
Even tho I won't be running meth, I can run the 3bar map with all my performance tunes except for stock..
No real benefit from the 3bar except now the computer can read the higher boost levels since the 3bar can read above 14.

You just can't run the stock tune with the 3bar.(you have to swap them when going stock)

Anyone see any reason not to take advantage of the three bar?
I would think it's better for the computer to be able to read the higher boost levels??
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FracaSHO

How easy/hard is it to swap out the MAP when switching tunes?  If it's not too bad and you already have it, it can't hurt.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Boggus

1 screw on the top of the manifold and a connector.  Simple
2013 unleashed SHO PP

bigmoneycloser

Yup really simple and no big deal. So I might as well get my money's worth..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I am thinking about going with it.  With a custom tune, I will likely be boosting over 15 psi at times.

bigmoneycloser

Benefit is computer can actually monitor boost above 14 psi.
Right it is not able to read it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

68_GT

mine is sitting in a box in my garage. Can't decide what to do with it. I think I'll hold on to it to see what the future brings to our cars for tuning. Maybe we'll get fuel upgrades to run full E85 and add more boost for another simple 100hp gain, and then I'll need it :)

hey we can hope !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler