• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

leak in rear windshield ?

Started by TopherSho, March 25, 2020, 10:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Car was not driven,  all windows up.  This has to be a leak in the seal of the rear glass right?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

no ... could still be from blocked drains or less likely, leaky sunroof.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Im lost on the drains comment,  sorry i'm thick headed this week,  which drains would you mean?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

It is the $%^&ing moonroof .. pics to follow

TopherSho

The moon roof is supposed to pop up and be flush with the roof of the car,  this is BARLEY flush with the bottom of the body panel .. is there a limit switch i can adjust? 

If i push gently from inside it 'pops' up in place an then is flush

FB video should be public ..
https://www.facebook.com/topher.mctopherton/videos/10157214430947685/

TopherSho

?! is there such a thing as a moonroof relearn ?

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sunroof-reset.134864/
You posted that link SHODDed lol

and https://www.fordescape.org/threads/re-calibrate-sunroof-moonroof-on-2015-model.102577/

Front Sliding Glass Panel
1. NOTE: The driver front door must be open during the entire procedure.
Open the driver front door.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
3. NOTE: Complete the following within 5 seconds:
A. Cycle the ignition to the OFF position and then back to the ON position.
B. Press the sliding glass panel close switch for less than one second and release.
C. NOTE: When the sliding glass panel close switch is pressed and held, there should be an audible click from the switch within 3 seconds. The audible click indicates that the
motor has accepted the request to initialize. If there is no audible click, the procedure must be repeated from step 1.

Press and hold the sliding glass panel close switch until the glass moves to the fully open and the back to the fully closed position (this could take up to 20 seconds to start).

4. Release the switch and verify successful initialization by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close and one-touch vent operations.

ZSHO

There is one Drain on each corner Towards the Front side of the sunroof IIRC! Check to see if the drains are obstructed with Dirt Buildup.
BTW- Is there any water on the (passenger side) footwell! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 25, 2020, 04:16:05 PM
There is one Drain on each corner Towards the front side of the sunroof.  Check to see the drains are obstructed with Dirt Buildup. Is there any water on the passenfer side footwell! Z

the tiny hole in the top of pic#2 correct? .. will check them. 

ZSHO

Yes.. First open the sunroof. 2. Carefully try sticking your head out of the Sunroof in order to gain access to the drain holes.. Best of luck and keep us updated. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 25, 2020, 02:06:58 PM

Your 2017 post may have solved it,  I still need to check the drains Z point me towards.

Reset is putting the Moon roof in the right spot now. 

I'm 99% confident that was the issue,  in my driveway i *think* my car body was flexed enough the not fully sealed moon roof was dribbling NOT into the drain pan in the back of the moon roof assembly,  but along the roof\body at a angle (my driveway tilts about 15' UPWARD and about 7-8' DOWN to the RIGHT on the passenger side.. I think it explains the stain not being wider in the back near the glass,  if the rear windshield was leaking the capillary action would spread outward evenly from that point and not just kind of creep forward along the rear passenger door and upwards. 

I bet it has been this way since the engine swap .. just never noticed it >:(

Onto drains ... Z where would these drains exit?  i want to inject water into the hole and monitor dripage.. I assume it will hit the floor of my garage somewhere :P

TopherSho

Follow up :  I rewrote the steps a smidge for future reference if the other instructions fail to reset.  for me my roof would not reset the limit if i kept holding the switch without releasing between the 3/5 second intervals 

For Existing Motor installations:
With the moon roof CLOSED, and the Vehicle OFF perform the following.
--Turn the car to Run position or press the START button WITHOUT the brake pressed.  Do not start the vehicle
--Once the car has run the gauge sweep and is finished powering on, then press and HOLD the TILT-OPEN switch for the moon roof until it FULLY extends. When the Roof is no longer extending/moving and is at the full open position and has stopped moving release the tilt switch.
--QUICKLY press and HOLD the TILT-OPEN switch again and hold for 3 full seconds
--After three full seconds release the switch
--Quickly press the TILT-OPEN switch again and hold for 5 seconds.  At the end of 5 seconds you should see and hear the moon roof tilt UPWARDS slightly PAST the full-open position, and then return to the full-open position. Now Release the tilt switch when the moon roof has moving.
--Now using ONLY the ONE-TOUCH open and close moon roof switch (not the tilt switch),  one-touch CLOSE the moon roof by pressing the close button, and releasing the switch once it begins closing. 

Once fully closed, Check your fitment. 

ZSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on March 25, 2020, 04:32:31 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 25, 2020, 02:06:58 PM

Your 2017 post may have solved it,  I still need to check the drains Z point me towards.

Reset is putting the Moon roof in the right spot now. 

I'm 99% confident that was the issue,  in my driveway i *think* my car body was flexed enough the not fully sealed moon roof was dribbling NOT into the drain pan in the back of the moon roof assembly,  but along the roof\body at a angle (my driveway tilts about 15' UPWARD and about 7-8' DOWN to the RIGHT on the passenger side.. I think it explains the stain not being wider in the back near the glass,  if the rear windshield was leaking the capillary action would spread outward evenly from that point and not just kind of creep forward along the rear passenger door and upwards. 

I bet it has been this way since the engine swap .. just never noticed it >:(

Onto drains ... Z where would these drains exit?  i want to inject water into the hole and monitor dripage.. I assume it will hit the floor of my garage somewhere :P
I dont have the drain schematics. Im guessing inside your door jams,under the seal. Z

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 25, 2020, 04:49:35 PM
I dont have the drain schematics. Im guessing inside your door jams,under the seal. Z

RGR that .. make a mess i'm good at that

TopherSho

Both sides drain fast and clean.  ran 130f water/soap through them for giggles.

ZSHO