• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2 degrees of knock at wot

Started by Ramairetransam, March 06, 2020, 11:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramairetransam

So i have an issue, my car on stock  tune on 90 or 91 unleaded gets 2 degrees of knock at wot

on 93 with 10 percent ethanol on stock tune it gets 2 degrees of knock

with my livernois tune on 93 with 10 percent ethanol it gets 2 degrees of knock .

How does it get 2 degrees tuned or stock and same with 90 to 93 octane ?  could it be false knock ? how do i check ?Is this an issue or a non issue.
13 Mks Ecoboost

SM105K

Is your device saying....... -2 or +2?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

derfdog15

On top of the +2/-2 question asked prior...

There are known issues of "false" knock due to temperature or other concerns. A lot of people have moved the wires, or wrapped them in some kind of protective wrap/sheathing. It may be worthwhile to look into the false knock fix and see if he issue continues after doing that.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SuperPete

My two cents.
I had huge knock issue on 93 all the winter, all the way to +3.5
The minute I moved to E30, my knock now never above 0 and at WOT usually -1
Winter fule.
To test my theory, add 3 gallons of E85 for the full tank of gas to give gas a bust and check your log after that.
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SM105K

He never answered the questions.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |