• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Misfiring codes P0300, P0302 and P0306

Started by ddlopes, February 16, 2020, 03:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Quote from: TopherSho on February 24, 2020, 10:09:59 AM
if you did not replace your cats with the new block,  you can likely expect some reduced life from the goop :(   .. on the other high low flow cats yield good gains :)

I'm running PPE catted downpipes. I did replace (1) of the cats after the engine had LSPI due to excessive oil damage. As for the knock sensor wires I've already corrected that issue. I'm hoping its not an injector issue but we'll see. 
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ddlopes

Quote from: TopherSho on February 24, 2020, 10:57:16 AM
Im betting on an erratic O2 reading ..

I hope so... I'm assuming just replace the wideband O2 sensor that looks the worse and see if that resolves it. If that doesn't resolve the issue I'll swap the other wideband out. 
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHOdded

yeah the widebands control a/f ratios.  the narrowbands are there for catalyst monitoring.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Quote from: SHOdded on February 24, 2020, 02:23:30 PM
yeah the widebands control a/f ratios.  the narrowbands are there for catalyst monitoring.

If replacing the wideband O2 sensor resolves the issue is it a good idea to replace the narrow O2 sensors?

6500rpm

Any clue what your long and short trim fuel  trims are showing? I find it really odd that only random  misfire dtc's are setting. I know that your  O2 sensors are suspect, but usually something dtc related point to them. Have you purged and refilled the fuel tank since the issue started? Usually with random multiple misfires you need to look at things common to all cylinders. Fuel trim can tell you if you're  looking at a rich or lean induced misfire.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ddlopes

I haven't purged the tank or checked the fuel trims yet. I need to run the E30 blend that's in the tank out. Then I can refuel with just 93 octane and download a tune without meth. Then I can confirm what my fuel trims look like. I don't have a straight E30 tune without meth. Since I replaced the plugs I'm not getting any misfire codes. I'm hoping the new O2 sensors will cure the hesitation and sputtering. We'll see...

SHOdded

Always a good idea to replace all 4 at the same time if the fronts are having issues.  I think they are halfprice of the fronts too IIRC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

ddlopes

I have no open recalls for the fuel system. But the toe link recall should be in the mail soon.

SHOdded

5+ years time to see how it is holding up.  Also, have you tried running without methanol yet?

ddlopes

Quote from: SHOdded on February 25, 2020, 06:12:24 PM
5+ years time to see how it is holding up.  Also, have you tried running without methanol yet?

I haven't run the car without the meth tune yet. The car isn't my DD more of toy. The O2 sensors will be here tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that is gonna resolve my issue. But I've definitely but wrong before so we'll see...Lol... once the O2 sensors are in I'm gonna use up the E30 in the tank. Then download a non meth tune and refill with 93 octane and see what a datalog shows. Hopefully everything is fixed. I'll report back.

ddlopes

Here's the O2 wideband sensor from the front of the engine. You can clearly see the same orange coating as the spark plugs. Getting ready to swap out the other O2 wideband sensor now...

ddlopes

Here's the wideband from the back ... time to take it for a test drive...🤞🏾