• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

:( long term update. I dislike the .30 oem plugs, too much knock.

Started by TopherSho, July 11, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

I switched to the OEM plugs,  and left the gap at .30 instead of .28 and ran them for a few months since the thread where I showed them all fouled for being 1 step colder .. My data logs now show a consistent +3 knock on launches.  They may not foul but I am not entirely happy with them.  Seems to cap my spark by a point or two which bugs me...

(caveat: I am too much of a perfectionist.  I know the car can run 26-28 degrees so running 24-26 bugs me)

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

Have you checked the plugs since install?  No codes in the PCM I take it?  Checked the methanol setup, any kinks in the tubing/reason to suspect not spraying correctly?  Does it matter which gas station you use?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on July 12, 2018, 12:48:53 AM
Have you checked the plugs since install?  No codes in the PCM I take it?  Checked the methanol setup, any kinks in the tubing/reason to suspect not spraying correctly?  Does it matter which gas station you use?

yeah, I pulled the front three since they were the worst last time and they look almost new.  Meth is good.  flowing 550-ish ml seems on track with a .2 drop in STFT,  where as before i was more -.15ish with the 375 nozzle .. i noted immediately after changing the plugs the spark loss, but have kept them in since it is a pita to change them for me. 

if they don't crap out imma leavin' them in.  i'm too old (tired/lazy) to be swapping plugs every 20k :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

Maybe you WOULD benefit from the 542s or regapping to 0.028.  Whatcha gots to lose?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.