• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

120MPH Speed Limit with LMS Tune?

Started by QuickSilver, December 16, 2013, 02:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilver

145 MPH no problem in Sand/M mode on a deserted toll road at 1am. Still a few MPH left in it but speedo wont go any higher and the ESports get a 'little light' at that speed. Dont think I need to try it again,on the  dyno maybe...
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

DJE624

I'm sure you had a nice adrenaline rush.  I always get a little one when I hit 100. 

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BlueSHO

Quote from: QuickSilver on December 23, 2013, 12:05:43 PM
145 MPH no problem in Sand/M mode on a deserted toll road at 1am. Still a few MPH left in it but speedo wont go any higher and the ESports get a 'little light' at that speed. Dont think I need to try it again,on the  dyno maybe...

Nice...I'm liking that sand mode. Mine seems to definately run stronger on the street

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MeanKS

what do you mean, gotta little light?  did it start to feel floaty?
MKS-EB...

QuickSilver

Quote from: DRII on December 24, 2013, 08:30:37 AM

what do you mean, gotta little light?  did it start to feel floaty?

Yes, as in not planted well to the road. I have an 89 928S4 Porsche and at 155 that thing is solidly in contact with the road. Yes it's apples to Oranges but just illustrating the difference. The shape of the Explorer says 'lift at speed' to me, plus I'm at stock ride hight still and that lets a bunch of unwanted air under the car. It's about what I expected, I may try it again after the coilovers(if we ever get a set developed from Megan Racing?) but dont see a reason to risk it again otherwise.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...