• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Air ride suspension.. Opinions needed!

Started by bigmoneycloser, March 27, 2014, 08:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Some of the,best riding cars use air ride. The auto leveling feature is great for towing or even a car full of people and lugage. Yes its expensive. But ther is a reason land rover, porsche, mercedes benz use this tech on there suv and large cars. For all out cornering and grip its not the best but still better than stock shocks and springs. Not sure they could compete with coil overs in the sport aspect
2013 SHO

Lanson

Quote from: panther427 on March 28, 2014, 04:48:17 AM
Some of the,best riding cars use air ride. The auto leveling feature is great for towing or even a car full of people and lugage. Yes its expensive. But ther is a reason land rover, porsche, mercedes benz use this tech on there suv and large cars. For all out cornering and grip its not the best but still better than stock shocks and springs. Not sure they could compete with coil overs in the sport aspect

This is acknowledged but from experience of an actual member who installed air-ride in their own Flex, he said it doesn't ride all that great.  Be mindful that our suspension is not as sophisticated as the cars you mentioned.

You know what would be cool though?  I'd like to see if the Lincoln MKT's air ride suspension could be adapted.  That probably would work.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

bigmoneycloser

Price came in at $4800.
I gotten have the downpipes and catch can installed first..
They will take some measurements and pictures while in there to confirm and double check all the fitment for it...
Then I have to make a decision...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes