• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Accu-air suspension

Started by bigmoneycloser, December 15, 2013, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Has anyone considered running a full air suspension?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Lanson

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 15, 2013, 03:10:30 PM
Has anyone considered running a full air suspension?

Kiwee, a member on the fordflex.net forum has full air suspension on his Flex.  It was completely custom welded and done up from scratch just about.

He has said on numerous occasions that coilovers potentially ride better, which intrigued me greatly.

Anyway, here is the gorgeous thing

He was the first to do a lot of things with this platform actually.  I would have followed suit but my audio system is located exactly where his air system is.

If you want to research more, he's Kilian Weekes, and has been featured in a number of articles on the web and print.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SHOdded

Man, that is BAGGED!

I'd personally install that on my Edge if a) I wanted ride height to remain same despite "cargo" weight, and b) I wanted to lower the Edge to allow easier handicapped access without installing a swiveling chair/stepside.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

I wonder where he put the tank and compressor set up?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

geswek

I was considering it myself; for luxury of raising the car when needed.

However I decided against it when I realized that I wanted to track the car more--air ride has a lot of flex so I'm told.

Of course; now I'm back to the not wanting to track the SHO because frankly it's a HEAVY car and the AWD isn't full-time.

So my hot rod buddies and I are talking about it again. I kinda have an idea that it would quite funny to roll into a place and put the car on frame. HAHAHA.

NO NO; really for me is clearance. I'd like to be able to raise it to stock height in winter and drop it back down during summer.

Lanson

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on December 15, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
I wonder where he put the tank and compressor set up?

Like I said, he used the same location I did for my audio. 

Build log here

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20746

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune