• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hotpipes, Meth Bungs and Nozzles

Started by 802SHO, June 15, 2019, 09:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on June 16, 2019, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 15, 2019, 10:52:32 AM
I'm looking and my dipstick looked funny, touched it and it fell off....thats a first

That's messed up the same exact thing happened to mine. I think it was only like $6 from ford
The handle on mine broke off after removing #5 spark plug! I used a sharp Tool pick in order to remove it safely without incident!
Simply poke and pull Up slowly. Z  :)

https://www.harborfreight.com/pick-and-hook-set-7-pc-69592.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2019, 07:48:23 AM
Quote from: shoNoff on June 16, 2019, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 15, 2019, 10:52:32 AM
I'm looking and my dipstick looked funny, touched it and it fell off....thats a first

That's messed up the same exact thing happened to mine. I think it was only like $6 from ford
The handle on mine broke off after removing #5 spark plug! I used a sharp Tool pick in order to remove it safely without incident!
Simply poke and pull Up slowly. Z  :)

https://www.harborfreight.com/pick-and-hook-set-7-pc-69592.html

I better order a new one now.  Thanks Z!  I was thinking about trying to put a screw in it and lift it out but the picks might work better (safer)
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

I got lucky mine still had just enough sticking out so I could grab it with needle nose.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Update on upgrading to a dual nozzle setup.  If you already have a single nozzle and are tuned for it(me) upgrading to dual nozzles doesn't do anything except throw off everything you're tuned for.  I'm tuned with an M15 nozzle.  If I back off to less I'll need a retune(s) or do more I'll need a retune(s) so basically if your tuner is happy with your meth spray/volume and pressure upgrading will only complicate things and is unnecessary....unless you just want some under the hood eye candy of two nozzles(me) then you'll need to change your nozzles.  I have the Alky system so for me bc I'm tuned for an M15 nozzle I picked up an M5 and M10.  So I'll have two nozzles but will spray the same so my tune is not affected.  I already purchased my dual upgrade so I might as well install it.

Now some may need more volume...per tuner request and you could upgrade to two nozzles or just upgrade your single nozzle. 

Big difference though if you're looking to get direct port...in which case I would assume you would want very small nozzles as you would have 6 at least...so you won't spray more than a single but you'll get perfect distribution like ZSHO has on that cute redhead! 

And unless you want to mil the meth bungs down don't even bother.  Just drill your own unless you have nozzles with a ton of threads like the SNOW nozzles. 

FYI if you already have Alky nozzles and just want to swap them out you don't need to buy the hole nozzle assembly with the 90 degree fitting you can just buy the nozzle tips and washers for 15.99 each. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

I believe the Dual nozzle kit should have a check valve corresponding with the 90 deg elbow and nozzle. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 24, 2019, 06:19:04 PM
I believe the Dual nozzle kit should have a check valve corresponding with the 90 deg elbow and nozzle. Z

The dual nozzle kit does not come with a high pressure check valve.  The HP check valves are still accessory items to be purchased separately.  I added them to my cart. 

My nozzles tips just came in along with another check valve.  I believe it's 11/32 drill bit I will need and I can get these lovely nozzles and check valves assembled and installed!