• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Squeaking a month after spring install

Started by FiveLeeter918, June 12, 2019, 10:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Hey guys, figured I'd pick some brains. I installed H&R Super Sports a little over a month ago, car was whisper quiet at first, took it to Eureka Springs for Mustang days, she drove beautifully, then this week I started getting God awful squeaking anything time I'm under 5 mph. Doesn't matter if I'm braking on a hill or turning the wheel, the rubber from the top mounts is intense.

We double checked everything and lubricated them before install, but what else can be done to stop the squeaking without having to tear it back apart and then get another alignment after?
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

jman

Following, my front end squeaks like a 50 year old mattress when the weather is dry and warm.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Macgyver

I always do the Car Wash test.

Run it thru the car wash and if the squeak goes away then you can lube it.

jman

Lube what exactly? Yes, mine goes away whenever it rains.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

FiveLeeter918

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Macgyver

I have found a good Teflon Spray does wonders if you know what is rubbing.

REM Oil is what I use to quick fix it.

SHOdded

There was a thread on a similar issue a while back.  Unfortunately, the pics are missing :(  Maybe ShoBoat can update the posts ...
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4804
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!