• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E 85? why not?

Started by 76fomoco, June 11, 2019, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2019, 03:27:22 PM
Quote from: SM105K on July 09, 2019, 09:35:22 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 08, 2019, 11:51:31 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on July 08, 2019, 07:00:10 AM
Still not running a catchcan, FoMo?
Nope...

This is what comes out of mine every 3k miles........
I mean, that looks really scary...If we take that amount and divide it by the gazillion engine revolutions over your last 3K miles...Is there really an issue?  Is it an issue that can be overcome by quality fuel and oil? Or an extra oil change maybe? The answer is probably "it depends" based on a crapload of variables.

The reality is this car is driven around 3K a year so the oil is changed every 1500.

I scoped the backside of the valves around 107K and it looked surprisingly good. I was expecting the worst because I don't get the impression the previous owner was too concerned with things like fuel quality.

PCV/valve cover update done.

Turbos were just inspected, everything looks good.

Our car just went out of warranty but modified PCV is a sure way to encounter warranty headaches depending on your servicing dealership.

So for now, I will continue to "roll dirty" without a catchcan.

I run mainly only Chevron 91/Mixed with their Flex Fuel (E51) for a E30 mix.  I change my oil religiously every 3k miles.  I just switched to Castrol Edge from Mobil 1 this past oil change.  I do have a blackstone oil analysis with the old Mobil 1 in it sitting on the shelf.  I will send that out soon.  When I click off another 1,100 miles I will send the used Castrol off as well, to see the difference.  I will also check the CC to see how much is in there at that time. It usually is about 1 oz per 1k miles. I have put 22K miles on this car since I bought it last April with 51K on her.  The car has had a CC in it within the first 1000 miles of me owning it.  So I think I have a pretty good median to go off of.

My PCU/Valve cover update was done from the factory.

My turbos are good, minimal amount of oil in the intercooler when it was upgraded. BOV seals have slight trace of oil.

My car isn't my daily anymore either.  I normally drive it less then 60 miles a week.  So less then 5k miles a year now.  Unless I go on a long road trip and want the comfort.  The ST can handle the Ca trips I make a couple of times a year.     

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |