• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Glad to be here

Started by Black Dream, June 09, 2019, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

Evening all, I picked up a mint condition 2010 MKS Eco last week that's all stock (or it was ;)).  Loaded with every option available including the 20" wheels, Tuxedo Black Metallic and less than 100K.  Her name's Michelle and she replaces my beloved 06 SRM Pontiac GTO M6 that I lost to flood damage last month.  Picked her up in 9/15 with only 27K miles on the clock and she was 1 of only 101 exactly like her ever produced.  So it goes without saying she will be sorely missed.  However the MKS is quickly proving to be a suitable replacement, she's wearing a new Airaid with a SCT X4, SP 542 plugs and a bevy of Unleashed Tuning maps on the way, all due to arrive tomorrow.  It's going to be a hell of a Monday and I'm pumped.  I'm a lifelong gearhead but kept a promise to myself to keep the Goat stock, I've been down the rabbit hole a few too many times with modding cars and an unmolested GTO is more rare than modded ones these days.

The above mods are probably all the MKS will get but I know that's a slippery slope to tread so we shall see.  I also detail, used to do it for others as a side job, and I love the Optimum line.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks the car will get the full treatment from clay to sealant finishing with their Gloss Coat.  I've had it on the GTO for a long time and it looks as good as the day I finished the first application.  I'm a little sad there's not more support online for the MKS Eco but with it being on the same platform as the SHO that's a bit of help.  Glad to have found this forum and excited to let the in-depth learning to begin.  Here are some pictures of my last couple of cars, they were both amazing in their own way.

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SHOdded

Welcome & congrats! Good looking rides 4 sure :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Congrats on becoming part of the Ecoboost family and you'll have plenty of fun with that MKS!  These cars do not disappoint.  I like how your Infiniti looked....lowered, aero mod, wheels, tint...perfect.  Sorry to hear about the GTO! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

FearlessAZ

Welcome!

Don't be afraid to post up some pics of the MKS as well
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SM105K

Good to see you over here too.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Black Dream

Thanks SM I'm definitely a forum junkie.  I'm a super mod on 2 car forums and belong to probably 8 or 9 total.  We have Infiniti, Nissan and now a Lincoln and they've been invaluable to me for giving great resource bases to learn about all of our cars.  I'm a shade tree mechanic and DIY fix as much as I can.  The G35 wouldn't have come about if  I had to pay for labor to mod the hell out of it.  Over 9 years I estimated I've put over 1000 hours of my blood, sweat and tears just into that car.

I'll post a proper photoshoot after I detail the MKS but here are a couple of teasers.  Nothing special, it's bone stock but the interior and paint are flawless for which I'm very grateful.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g8oyTS]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g8ooaU]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g8oogq]

And 1 more question, is there a workaround when replying to avoid this silly verification process for every reply?
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

PDSHO

Welcome and enjoy your EB.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

SM105K

I think the verification goes away after a certain post count.

I find it comical that you name your cars.  I do the same thing.  My SHO is named "M".  That is after her counter part in the James Bond series played by Judi Dench.  She can be elegant, refined, and charming, but will not hesitate to lop your head off.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

EBPF continues to get hit with spammers, currently from Russia/Ukraine mostly.  The verification requirement will go away after you make 5 posts.  Hang in there :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Welcome aboard Blavk Dream!   :WELCOME:
Glad to have you and your MKS on board.
FYI -The security verification will go way after your 5th initial post . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Black Dream

Good to know the verification process will be gone soon.   I feel like a kid who's up before the parents on Christmas morning just drooling over the presents he can't open until the 'rents get up.  Tuner/plugs are coming in the mail today but it usually doesn't get here until around 3.  Grateful though it's cloudy , the summer's heat/humidity has kicked in with a bang here in South Texas.  The heat index yesterday was 114, we usually do have a healthy breeze being on the coast which helps but over 100 is freaking hot wind or not.

shoNoff

Love the mks nice car. Get luck with her and welcome aboard
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Black Dream

Thanks for the welcome.  I received my custom tunes from Unleashed today and went through the process to get the car set up with the 93 Octane performance tune.  I installed an Airaid last week and replaced the plugs yesterday with the SP542's.  All I can say is holy mother of God, it feels just as fast as my stock GTO was but does so in the lap of luxury lol.  Big props to Leslie and Torrie over there, I know it's a small sample size and I haven't played with the other tunes yet but damn, I really couldn't be any happier with them.  Highly recommended by me at this point and a lot of others I've talked to that have used Unleashed.   :party:

SHOdded

802SHO

It's still strange to me that the masses don't catch on what these cars are capable of.  Stock is fun but when you get a tune it's just so night and day.  When I discovered what these 3.5 eco's could do I knew I had to have one.  It's pretty awesome!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20