• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Lincoln EBAP Photos

Started by Simonsays, June 09, 2019, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonsays

Just had a chance to take a couple photos today, I'll be taking some more next Sunday as well.

I am missing my polarizer, so apologies for the bad highlights, I added my design logo to these just to call out that they aren't stock photos from somewhere.

Simonsays

Thank you. You may note my undrilled fender and lower front plate. If anyone has one of those sly bracket plate holders lying around Id be interested.

That and anyone selling switchback setups if they are selling and turning back to stock. Im keeping this one for the next 5 years at least so any upgrades along the way are gradual.

FearlessAZ

Looks good!

I really wish Lincoln didn't go away from using the red S.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Simonsays

As noted, I've had this shoot planned for awhile - missed the moon in May because of weather, this one had a nice sunset attached.

I like to shoot - traded all my "professional" gear and picked up a mirrorless a few years back. It's not the latest and greatest but lighter, and so much more enjoyable when you do it for fun now and not for bridezillas. It's not always as versatile but you can do a lot with what's available now. I also like to print - with my own wide Format Canon Photo printer (44").

That said - I love showing off what I work hard for. It's not a new car by any means, in fact - it's a relic now that they don't make it anymore but once I get moving along on fixing some more things on it, I feel I will enjoy it even more. I'd like to get the rims fixed, the transmission back to normal, some light engine tuning and tinted windows. Time and kids will tell if any of those happen, right now - it's just driven.

Enjoy!

SHOdded

That is a catalog quality shot.  Posted on Ford/Lincoln Social Media?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Simonsays

I dont follow them on social, so naw, didnt share with them. Maybe I will tag them on instagram, its the only one I have. I do thank you for the approval. I wanted a true full moon over the hood but that was getting late and security was already less than imprrssed with my parking.

Black Dream

Quote from: FearlessAZ on June 10, 2019, 09:50:17 AM
Looks good!

I really wish Lincoln didn't go away from using the red S.

I picked up a mint 2010 Tuxedo Black Metallic MKS Eco and I was surprised when I was scouring the interwebs that it seemed to be the only color that has a silver S, not a red one.  Any ideas?

Simonsays I'd suggest a tune/intake/new plugs.  I've been a gearhead all my life (56) and my MKS replaced a 2006 GTO that I picked up almost 4 years ago with 27K miles.  We lost it to flood damage last month and I wanted something more family friendly yet with some power.  It didn't take me but a week to buy an Airaid, SCT X4, the Motorcraft  SP542 plugs and some Unleashed tunes.  The MKS was relatively quick for a 4000# car but damn, it now feels close to, if not as fast as the Goat.  Total outlay was less than $800 and I estimate the mods added around 60-70HP and corresponding tq based on comparable mods on dyno'd cars.  It's a hoot to drive now, the added power is instantaneous.  :D BTW your pics look fantastic!
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

FearlessAZ

From what I could tell, the Red S was part of a Ecoboost appearance package. So I think you could get the Ecoboost but still be subtle with the silver S.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Black Dream

https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/directwirebrochures/brochure4427_0.pdf?

https://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Lincoln&model=MKS&year=2011&postalCode=55401

I though I finally found the answer to the red S issue.  Looking over the 2010 and 2011 promotional brochures the 2011 lists an Ecoboost appearance package but it wasn't available in 2010, or at least not listed in the brochure.  But here we are and the OP has it, hmmm.

Does anyone know if the 2010 displays individual tire pressure on the dash anywhere, I'm thinking no.  I've been through all ~560 pages of owner's manual/Sync supplement and didn't find out the answer.  I will say that the 2010-11 MKS EB must be a red-headed stepchild of the family because there's not a ton of info or part availability.  For the life of me I can't find manuals, instructions etc. for the remote start which I believe was a dealer installed option.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Simonsays

Well hold on  a minute... First off thank you for the compliment. Followed by Im not the original owner, it did have 3 prior owners before me so I cannot attest to what was or was not oem upon manufacturing. What I do know is that the dash has the red s, the door sills have the red s, and individual tire pressure monitor does not exist on my trim or model. 😊

And kids need braces, and i need rehab on my knee so $800 for go fast stuff is a tough sell to the wife lol.

Black Dream

Understood about the $$$ and you're welcome, car looks great.   If you go to the optional package listings in each brochure I linked, you'll see the 2011 shows an Ecoboost package with exactly what you are describing so my guess it was an option for 2010 not listed in that year's brochure.

Simonsays

Interesting?! Could we figure out via vin what build month my 2010 is to see if mine is a weird option? Like i noticed, i have the metallic and sienna brown interior as well and what looks like mkt rims 20 ecoboost option again. Either the previous owners did major overhaul or im just unique. Heres my interior... I did put carbon fiber vinyl on the center to somewhat match the unique metallic accent and protect it from kids that dont care. Mind the dirt please, its much cleaner now, that was from the winter.

Not to beat this to death, i have driven many cars and i didnt want black, red, blue, or grey interiors... It was tan or brown... Brown won 🤔

Simonsays

For readers inquiring... It looks like 2010 ecoboost appearance package was late availability...

https://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/15/new-2010-lincoln-mks-with-ecoboost-to-start-at-47-760/#slide-365295

An MKS EcoBoost Appearance Package will have late availability, offering customers a more-aggressive and sporty look that further differentiates the Lincoln MKS from other competitors. The MKS EcoBoost Appearance Package seamlessly combines the power and fuel economy from this new engine technology with the high luxury standards pioneered by Lincoln.
Highlights of the MKS EcoBoost Appearance Package include:
* Luxury seats in Sienna with Charcoal Black Tuxedo Seam
* Black stitching and Lincoln Star logos embroidered on the headrest
* Illuminated MKS sill plates – the "MK" is in white and the "S" is in red
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel* Upgraded black floor mats with embroidered Lincoln Star
* Unique exterior appointments, including EcoBoost badging, distinctive grille, front lip spoiler, rear fascia lower, side rockers and door cladding, decklid lip spoiler with chrome insert and modified MKS decklid badge ("S" in red)

ADDTIONS:
Mine does not currently have the decklid...hmmm - I think the Previous Owner banged up the trunk and just got a normal one and ditched the decklid spoiler. I knew it had some damage done upon buying (including myself when I rear ended someone just 5 weeks after owning it...damn soft brakes and ice)
* 20-inch chrome wheels

Black Dream

I test drove a 2011 Red version that had the exact same interior as you have and the red S on the rear end.  It's actually really cool looking in person.  I love the 2 tone seats.