• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rear shocks with performance package

Started by avidmotion, June 05, 2019, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

looking for rear shocks, 2013 sho with performance package.....most say with or with out painted calibers....does the PP have the painted or not?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Since our vehicles are (almost) identical this is based off my Vin number! Z

Ford - DG1Z18125F- Rear Shock Absorber Assembly  X 2 . Z

$60.79- ea

Fit Note: Brake Calipers - Black, [With Non Painted Brake Calipers]
Production Date: 02/2012

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,shock+absorber,7556

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-shock-absorber-asy_dg1z-18125-f.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=rear-springs-and-shock-absorbers,,18125

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

Awesome that is what my notes say, however they do have a "magnum" heavy duty shock for 67 bucks....I run lots of weight in the trunk and even with the PP shocks My s*** be drooping in the back, think the HD magnums would help or upset the apple cart?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

I am looking into this again. I like what the Monroe magnums say but i have the PP and want it to work right too. Any opinions on rear shocks? Btw....is this something you can do on jack stands by self?

ZSHO

I would still stick with the Oem Motorcraft Non-painted shocks IMHO!
The rear shocks are much easier to install when compared to the fronts. I would say its probably feasible to install on stands and may be beneficial to have a HD Jack for precautionary measures. Z

PDF BELOW on REAR SHOCKS INSTALL

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdtOKyVO_NQ5I6NIWSU2UvI18D894Sur/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

avidmotion

As an update I will order the PP MC shocks, I have been in Naples FL since Sept taking care of Mom, had a stroke. So car has not been driven since I ruptured the shock and it leaking.
When I get back I will have them put on. Thanks for the help!

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your mom.  May she be blessed with a speedy and full recovery.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!