• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front Drag Pack - Looking for ideas on most optimal setup

Started by Jordan, June 05, 2019, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I agree theres room for improvement.  Getting into the 1.6 range should be doable since we're only talking .02 or faster.  You got an awesome 60 ft still...my best so far is 1.74. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2019, 10:00:16 PM
I agree theres room for improvement.  Getting into the 1.6 range should be doable since we're only talking .02 or faster.  You got an awesome 60 ft still...my best so far is 1.74. 

That's absolutely one of my goals for 2019.

11.7 quarter mile CHECK
120MPH Trap speed ????
1.6X sixty foot ????

hopefully a drag pack will help provide those other two goals.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

limited02

I vote to remove the rear driveshaft and RDU to cut more weight.  Toss some drag radial or slicks on the front, do a burnout and let'r rip! 

802SHO

Quote from: limited02 on June 05, 2019, 11:34:51 PM
I vote to remove the rear driveshaft and RDU to cut more weight.  Toss some drag radial or slicks on the front, do a burnout and let'r rip!

Is that doable?  I think there's a disadvantage to some degree of our front wheel drive bias AWD deciding to be AWD as we begin to launch.  All the time AWD would be better.  But get rid of the the rear driveshaft and RDU all together....interesting.  I wish we had a forum project car.  Something perhaps we can vote what to mod next, make small donations in the build.  That would be cool and maybe run it up against other forum "Cars".  Then we could think of stuff like this and test it out on the "Forum Car" to see if it helps or not. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

limited02

Is that doable?  I think there's a disadvantage to some degree of our front wheel drive bias AWD deciding to be AWD as we begin to launch.  All the time AWD would be better.  But get rid of the the rear driveshaft and RDU all together....interesting.  I wish we had a forum project car.  Something perhaps we can vote what to mod next, make small donations in the build.  That would be cool and maybe run it up against other forum "Cars".  Then we could think of stuff like this and test it out on the "Forum Car" to see if it helps or not. 
All I remember is someone from Saudi Arabia or somewhere like that posting on either here, or the shoforum that they did pretty much that.  Had a couple videos running against legit cars (R35 GTR for example) and pulling away.  He had every bolt-on (turbo's, dp's, meth, etc).  However, I can't for the life of me find which forum he posted on and it's probably been 2 years or so.  I think the easiest way to test is to remove the driveshaft and see what happens.

Jordan

I know you can turn the bias to front wheels only via forscan. Watched a video of someone do a awd launch then did a fwd only one on Facebook. So the possibility is there but I believe that would be more negative than positive in the end. However would be neat if we could launch awd then switch to fwd only say in third gear

Blackhawk

The dud from Saudi is on facebook, he just does roll racing I think though.

There is a fuse you can pull to disable the RDU, I was thinking of throwing a switch inline on that fuse so I could turn it off to do a quick burnout and then turn it back on to launch.

Quote from: limited02 on June 06, 2019, 08:14:07 AM

All I remember is someone from Saudi Arabia or somewhere like that posting on either here, or the shoforum that they did pretty much that.  Had a couple videos running against legit cars (R35 GTR for example) and pulling away.  He had every bolt-on (turbo's, dp's, meth, etc).  However, I can't for the life of me find which forum he posted on and it's probably been 2 years or so.  I think the easiest way to test is to remove the driveshaft and see what happens.

Jordan

I thought I'd come back to this and say I've made a decision. 275/40r20 nitto nt555r radial tires. Going to match my current set and it'll be a square set up with my all seasons in the rear. I feel like this is the best compromise as it'll have more than enough traction to do what I need and also last about 10k miles. I'll let you know when I have the opportunity to get them installed and some testing!

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on June 07, 2019, 11:26:57 AM
I thought I'd come back to this and say I've made a decision. 275/40r20 nitto nt555r radial tires. Going to match my current set and it'll be a square set up with my all seasons in the rear. I feel like this is the best compromise as it'll have more than enough traction to do what I need and also last about 10k miles. I'll let you know when I have the opportunity to get them installed and some testing!

Why the NT555r?  Are you looking for maximum mileage?  I would consider the Mickey Thompson ET Street Pro Radial in the same size. They are within 50 dollars a tire of each other, and I believe they are a far superior tire for what you are looking for. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

I agree with sm105 the Mickey Thompson is a much better tire.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

The difference is I need more traction not maximum traction. The MT tires are great but I believe overkill for what I am trying to achieve. Spent $275 a tire so a savings of $150-175 over the MT. I'm going for overall effectiveness and cost. These will last longer and get the job done just as well. That's my reasoning in choosing the nt555r

Jordan

Need to also mention I'm not spending only my money here so I have to account for that as well.

Also these will see plenty of Mexican roads... Lol...

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on June 07, 2019, 02:34:39 PM
The difference is I need more traction not maximum traction. The MT tires are great but I believe overkill for what I am trying to achieve. Spent $275 a tire so a savings of $150-175 over the MT. I'm going for overall effectiveness and cost. These will last longer and get the job done just as well. That's my reasoning in choosing the nt555r

I figured that.  I was seeing the Nitto's for 4325 ish and the MT for 4365 ish, so yeah.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

Jordan be careful of wheel hop on your first few launches. Wheel hop on a drag radial is much worse then on a street radial.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Set up will definitely be tested fairly softly to see what they like and how I can get the best launch going. Having a dragy on the way after using my neighbors as it's a huge advantage on seeing what works and how you can improve!