• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front Drag Pack - Looking for ideas on most optimal setup

Started by Jordan, June 05, 2019, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

The SHO is a front wheel drive platform that transfers power on demand to the rears.

A true drag pack for your set up should have a wider front tire and narrower rear tire, due to the bias of the car being FWD.  I think like a 295 front and a 235 rear.  This will allow a large contact patch for the front, and reduce rolling resistance for the rear because it dont see the rear having traction issue. The RDU only transfers so much power (150 hp keeps coming to my head).  You need the front to hook, and not really worry about the rears.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Absolutely agree, currently though I'm looking at only replacing the fronts so gotta work with what I have available to me.

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on June 05, 2019, 03:50:57 PM
Absolutely agree, currently though I'm looking at only replacing the fronts so gotta work with what I have available to me.

With the weight of the car, I think you want a 20 inch rim and a good drag radial up front. I think that will allow the car to get up on the radial quicker and will net better traction.  I think a bigger sidewall could disturb the chassis and give you the possibility of more wheel hop.

Do you still have your old rims?   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Quote from: SM105K on June 05, 2019, 03:59:01 PM

With the weight of the car, I think you want a 20 inch rim and a good drag radial up front. I think that will allow the car to get up on the radial quicker and will net better traction.  I think a bigger sidewall could disturb the chassis and give you the possibility of more wheel hop.

I don't but my old wheels were also 19" and weighed in at like 32lbs. Just looking to buy a couple extra wheels at ~$200 a piece on those. Might match my current wheels as they are fairly light and easily obtainable

Jordan

275/40r20 radials are extremely easy to find and have a good selection. Keeping that sidewall decently small while matching the rears and air up the rears to simulate less traction could be there best set up sounding like

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on June 05, 2019, 04:03:34 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 05, 2019, 03:59:01 PM

I don't but my old wheels were also 19" and weighed in at like 32lbs. Just looking to buy a couple extra wheels at ~$200 a piece on those. Might match my current wheels as they are fairly light and easily obtainable

Just stuff a bigger drag radial on a pair of your current wheels now and see what happens.  You will only be out mounting and balancing and a set of drag radials.

If it works better, then buy your drag pack with a matching set of rims like I said in my first post. 

802SHO

1" hubcentric wheel spacer upfront.  There's your wider stance.  A lot less money.  I'm putting them all the way around.  Will look dope and should net me a better 60ft.  I read some info about wider helping with traction in straight line acceleration. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2019, 05:13:44 PM
1" hubcentric wheel spacer upfront.  There's your wider stance.  A lot less money.  I'm putting them all the way around.  Will look dope and should net me a better 60ft.  I read some info about wider helping with traction in straight line acceleration. 

I feel like all 4 corners would be overkill as we don't really have rear traction issues.

Blackhawk

I have a set of Nitto 275/40/ 555R on 20x10 wheels laying around that I had purchased for my SHO.  Just the two for the front, planned on getting 2 more for the back with regular street tires but never got around to it.  Sold the SHO so not really any use to me now.

Jordan

Quote from: Blackhawk on June 05, 2019, 06:11:57 PM
I have a set of Nitto 275/40/ 555R on 20x10 wheels laying around that I had purchased for my SHO.  Just the two for the front, planned on getting 2 more for the back with regular street tires but never got around to it.  Sold the SHO so not really any use to me now.

I see you are in Chicago. I am over in Missouri, but have connections in chicago/make my own way up there sometimes. You looking to sell those? Might be interested if you are. DM me if you want to get a deal working I'd need some specs on them.

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on June 05, 2019, 05:39:55 PM

I feel like all 4 corners would be overkill as we don't really have rear traction issues.

All 4 corners for looks and don't need to take them off.  They're on my car in my profile photo.  I took them off bc the rear was rubbing.  I sent them back but I recently bought them again bc I loved the look and I'm just going to modify the rear so I don't rub anymore.  Its merely a bonus if it helps with traction.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2019, 08:03:15 PM
Quote from: Jordan on June 05, 2019, 05:39:55 PM

All 4 corners for looks and don't need to take them off.  They're on my car in my profile photo.  I took them off bc the rear was rubbing.  I sent them back but I recently bought them again bc I loved the look and I'm just going to modify the rear so I don't rub anymore.  Its merely a bonus if it helps with traction.

Ah, I was looking to match my current wheel with two extra and just swap as necessary. Would look clean still / not mismatchy. Looking like that may be the easiest way of going about things. I don't mind swapping. I bring a jack and impact to the drag strip and have them at my house if I need to go do mexico shenanigans.

802SHO

You got a 1.73 60 60ft in the ship already...has anyone ever got a 1.6? 

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2019, 09:15:02 PM
You got a 1.73 60 60ft in the ship already...has anyone ever got a 1.6? 

on the drag times looks like proctor got a 1.66, but don't know how accurate that is due to me never seeing him actually claim that time. I've had a 1.72 also once before but the 1.72 and 1.73 both are horrendous wheel hop situations that result in an incomplete pass.