• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO... I have a bad waste gate, Do I need a whole turbo?

Started by Rich196, May 29, 2019, 06:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich196

Well running the car at a high boost as I do, it looks like it hurt the waste gate. It is def. a waste gate, it's making all kinds of noises, and the sounds of a blown out rubber seal inside of it. My question is, can I just get a new waste gate, or do I need to replace the entire turbo? I always come here with my question because you guy's are the most knowledgeable, and always there to help out.   Thank you, Rich    PS.... Actually, I dont even own the car anymore, I surprised my son for Christmas and handed over the keys. I'm back driving my crappy 2011 Traverse..LOL   but it's well worth it.

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

ZSHO

There is a big difference between a wastegate and BOV! If you're certain its your wastegate the entire Turbo needs to be replaced along with new filters are highly recommended.
The wategate alone cannot be replaced AFAIK! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

If it's the actuator I believe you can buy the turbosmart ones. But you would have to replace both. I've never seen a separate part number for the wastegate actuator from the dealer. If it's the wastegate flap screwed up or cracked you are SOL. It's an internal gate the entire turbo would need to be replaced.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.