• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lessons Learned & Memories Earned

Started by shoNoff, May 28, 2019, 04:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on May 29, 2019, 02:34:06 PM
That's good stuff with that foxbody SM105. Kind of reminds me of racin Jason car back in the day (god rest his soul). I also had a mtx sho as a kid. That friggin car cost me so much money. It was my winter car so I didn't have to drive my 5.0. I went through head gasket, heater core, clutch, axles and injector seals all in under a year. Loved that car hated the repair bills lol. I should dig up some of my old photos. I know I have the douchiest photo ever with me and like 6 bodies and our foxbodies from the mid 90's.

I miss both of those cars.  I bought the 93 in 05 and it was great for about 3 months.  I lost the radiator, driver axle, clutch, fuel pump, and then the dreaded diff pin.  Finally I was done after it chewed through my deployment savings. 

The 5.0 was my baby.  It was a riot and a handful to drive.  My buddy built it.  It had a 408 with a PT 76 and a powerglide.  He hurt the 408 and yanked the drivetrain and the car sat in the side yard for a year.  I was just joking one day and said...sell me the Mustang roller.  He said okay, and then proceed to tell me to bring him 1500 bucks because I was young and he liked me.   I did and bought a donor car, and we did a drivetrain swap in his driveway. For less then 5k and at age 21, I had a 10 second ride that I would drive anywhere.     
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

God wish you lived closer we need to have a beer and talk cars lol. You were in the service you say? Well I thank you for your service.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on May 29, 2019, 04:19:20 PM
God wish you lived closer we need to have a beer and talk cars lol. You were in the service you say? Well I thank you for your service.

I like cars and beer.  I am a proud member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Kilo Company 3/5 (2002-2006). Thank you.  I was telling Andrew some stories about being young and learning the rules of street racing. I have been fortunate and have been able to pilot numerous platforms.  Everything from Nitrous, to blown, to turbo...across all the manufacturers so...cars are my life. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Great discussion Fellas! Feel Free to start your own Topic! Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on May 29, 2019, 04:36:41 PM
Great discussion Fellas! Feel Free to start your own Topic! Z  :)

I agree, where could we put the topic of say "Got racing stories and old race cars?  Enter here!) Technically it wouldn't be "kill" stories....more like a fire side chat? What do you say Z?

shoNoff

Hahaha oh yea I used to own and rockingham strip as we called it. I had an 87 notchback with a DSS 306ci small block. Also had a sneaky pete basically 50 shot on it. I ran stock ported heads so you couldn't tell. Also hid the nitrous lines up from the bottom of the intake. I swapped in a c4 for the speed. Car ran 12.2-12.0 on motor and ran the best of a 11.68 on the spray. It only weighed 2900lbs with me in it. It used to own the local street races. God I miss those days lol

shoNoff

Great discussion Fellas! Feel Free to start your own Topic! Z   :)

But Z we were having fun  ;)

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on May 29, 2019, 04:42:10 PM

I agree, where could we put the topic of say "Got racing stories and old race cars?  Enter here!) Technically it wouldn't be "kill" stories....more like a fire side chat? What do you say Z?
Hmm!Sounds cool but Perhaps Manu can provide some better insight! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on May 29, 2019, 04:51:36 PM

Hmm! Perhaps Manu can provide some better insight! Z

MANU!!!!!!!!!!   <-----pretty sure that will summon him faster....

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on May 29, 2019, 04:52:22 PM

Manu is Da man!  :) Maybe we can add an appropriate dedicated section if redeemed! Z

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on May 29, 2019, 04:59:21 PM
Quote from: SM105K on May 29, 2019, 04:52:22 PM

Manu is Da man!  :) Maybe we can add an appropriate dedicated section if redeemed! Z

He is DA MANu.....

shoNoff

Looks what 2 idiots started now a whole section lol

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on May 29, 2019, 05:10:11 PM
Looks what 2 idiots started now a whole section lol

I do resemble that remark......and I am okay with it. 

SHOdded

Maybe a section under the Racing Department, kinda sorta like a Lounge, so we know it pertains particularly to stories and experiences with racing?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff