• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

“AWD off” message on long drive

Started by jus2quik, May 28, 2019, 09:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Let's move on :)  I think we all understand each other now ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: jus2quik on May 28, 2019, 06:52:06 PM
Who have I talked down to?

You've redeemed yourself since your original post. All is good man it's water under the bridge at this point. Let's move on, fix your ride and put a smile on your face with that gh tune.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

To the OP! Did you happen to check for Codes! Never received a response! PICS to share! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jus2quik

Just ran out and snatched the tire off,she took 8 more oz before started weeping out, thanks all and again sorry ,I'll try to behave
Basic beginner mods :GH tune,3Bar MAP,colder plugs,Drop in filter,160 Tstat

jus2quik

Sorry buddy, I did immed. Check for codes and nothing was there. I wish my wife would have told me sooner but her being 5 hours away from home I could not have done much and trying to talk someone through adding ptu fluid wasn't gonna happen,my family aren't mecahnics,just farmers up that way.Thanks again !

shoNoff

Wow thats quite a bit. Hopefully this resolves the issue.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

jus2quik

I hope so ,we will see. Thanks again !

ZSHO

Quote from: jus2quik on May 28, 2019, 07:22:00 PM
Sorry buddy, I did immed. Check for codes and nothing was there. I wish my wife would have told me sooner but her being 5 hours away from home I could not have done much and trying to talk someone through adding ptu fluid wasn't gonna happen,my family aren't mecahnics,just farmers up that way.Thanks again !
No worries! Glad you were able to find the FIll Hole! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jus2quik

Oh yeah I'm good at it now ! Just got messed up with many folks saying just add what you take out ,then I read here somewhere to gently top it off but if there is not a heat sensor on the ptu then the "awd off" heat signal must have come from the RDU,right? I checked that fluid as well and it was good,I didn't change it but I did check it . All we have seen is that message a few times on one trip,never lost awd or had front only pulling that I can tell .

SHOdded

Yeah, it is triggered by some situation with control of the RDU, not usually by the PTU itself.  Since many people have PTUs that had been gunked down to basically solid gunk, and the AWD still worked fine, I am not sure that having only 10 oz in there was the cause of the AWD OFF message.  I think all should be well now tho.  As I said before, the ony other item you can check is the electrical integrity of the connection at the ATC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

Since you may have burned up some of the life in the fluid, I would do a full dump and put in Amsoil etc...I'd also d the pigtail so you can change ptu quick.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on May 28, 2019, 06:43:42 PM
Social media is a real crapshoot.  Since messaging occurs rapidfire, a lot of folks leave their filters off.  Can get ugly real fast.

It happens on this forum on occassion, but thankfully our members keep it to a minimum :)

I don't know what you are talking about......
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: jus2quik on May 28, 2019, 06:37:54 PM
Fiveleeter,I sent you an apology for this morning ,didn't have my coffee yet!

All good man, it happens.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

jus2quik

Checked rear rdu fluid and it's clean and full,air pressure in all tires the same ,only thing 8 have found that is suspect is the rear tires are of a different brand than the front . Same size but thinking about how if the rear or front tires are of different " real " size after a few hours I could imagine the clutches could " possibly" heat up and cause the code,you guys think this is a possibility ? I believe the Rdu is the only component with a sensor correct ? Thanks fellas for the help !