• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

“AWD off” message on long drive

Started by jus2quik, May 28, 2019, 09:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jus2quik

2018 Sho
25k miles
Recently pulled 10oz of ptu fluid and replaced with Royal purple 75/140
Recent GH tune
Wife took car to Georgia ,approx.5 hour drive,when she got back home she said the "awd off" message displayed a few times ,she clicked "ok" and kept driving .She just told me this today,I'm curious if maybe I didn't add enough gear oil to ptu or could this be tune related ?Gonna get in and check the PTU today but since 8 can't suck all the oil out not sure how much to add or if this is even the problem.
Basic beginner mods :GH tune,3Bar MAP,colder plugs,Drop in filter,160 Tstat

ZSHO

Did you happen to check for Codes! Do you happen to have the Performance package! Need to add close to the same amount of PTU FLUID that came out. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Fill till the gear oil comes out the fill hole is the gold standard.  Def check codes.

Did the SHO get driven through heavy rain or run thru a high pressure carwash w underbody cleaning?  There could be dirt/grime/moisture in the connector for the ATC/RDU.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

He doesn't mention he only replaced what he pulled out. He didn't put back in a full 18oz. Just watched him rage at someone on Facebook for saying the rest probably turned into mush lol
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on May 28, 2019, 11:51:02 AM
He doesn't mention he only replaced what he pulled out. He didn't put back in a full 18oz. Just watched him rage at someone on Facebook for saying the rest probably turned into mush lol

It probably did turn into mush.  The lifetime fluid has the propensity to do that.  Z and Shodded are right, fill it till it starts coming out of the fill hole.  Make sure the vent is secure, along with the fill plug.  Then like a mail man, SEND IT!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

FiveLeeter918

I told him he needed to put the full 18oz in and he called me a troll and blocked me...
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

shoNoff

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on May 28, 2019, 12:08:39 PM
I told him he needed to put the full 18oz in and he called me a troll and blocked me...

This actually made my morning  :rofl2:. Stop giving bad advice troll lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

jus2quik

I take advice but nobody wants to seek help then get talked down to man

jus2quik

I pulled about 10oz out and put 10oz back in like I've been told,I followed advice and appreciated it,nobody wants to really seek advice then get hammered .if I should fill till it overflows slightly then that's what I will do ,I don't usually sit around and fight on the internet,In the Jeep groups I'm in I help out and don't chastize or assume someone doesn't know anything,each vehicle has its differences and I've been through a few,I think one guys just told me to take it to the dealer etc

jus2quik

Fiveleeter,I sent you an apology for this morning ,didn't have my coffee yet!

SHOdded

Social media is a real crapshoot.  Since messaging occurs rapidfire, a lot of folks leave their filters off.  Can get ugly real fast.

It happens on this forum on occassion, but thankfully our members keep it to a minimum :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

It's the internet, don't take what most people say seriously. No need to rage on people trying to help. Guys here are very knowledgeable and will help you. Like many have told you fill it until it comes out of the filler hole and all should be good. You talked down to 2 people on here already. Do you think people want to jump to help you when you talked down to them? Treat people how you want to be treated.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

jus2quik

I usually just talk to friends face to face,stuff like that doesn't happen that way ,unfortunately unlike the Jeeps and off-road rigs I usually deal with this is a special car with little things like the ptu I don't normally deal with .

jus2quik

jus2quik

That's true what you said treat people how you want to be treated,someone treats you bad ,you mouth off back .Basically what happened...