• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford told me to get a new engine smh !!!

Started by Desmond1491, October 29, 2019, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desmond1491

What do you guys think ?  65 psi for cylinder 5 I know that is low but is it fixable?

SHOdded

i am a little confused.  they say relative compression was equal across all the cylinders, were ALL the cylinders low compression?
https://www.tiepie-automotive.com/en/articles/relative-compression-test

Causes of low compression:
https://dannysengineportal.com/engine-compression/

But yeah, generally if even 1 cylinder is low compression, the best option on an ecoboost is to replace the engine, time & $$$ wise.

The power of an oscilloscope.  This guy walks you through basically what the dealership did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZBHHeX1oZI

Can you post a video of the engine cranking, you can hear that low of a compression pretty easily, and assuming the battery is good at the time of the test, figure out if there IS a problem even without scoping.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Get a second opinion as always... 

oddity :: equal across all cylinders may have been a typo ... but when my mechanic did a compression check i got results for ALL cylinders independently rated not just one.

What happened to the fuse?  report lists it as missing .. ?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Desmond1491

Anybody know any good places I can get a engine from so I can swap the one out I have now ?

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Desmond1491

How do you know if you have a oil cooler or not ? There is two different Types of engines

SHOdded

You have a 2010.  Your MKS does not have an oil cooler.

bpd1151

But that said, an oil cooler can be easily retrofitted if you so desired

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Desmond1491

Ok just making sure just don't want to get the wrong one

SHOdded

Technically, any engine from the transverse 2010-2019 family will fit, but there will be some (not major) differences when you cross model lines.  Especially if you decide on a Police Interceptor engine or Explorer engine.  Easily overcome, but just to be aware.

Desmond1491

I got it .... just want to get the same one for my year model so it's no confusing