• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

For those of you running catless on a stock catback

Started by Mossdahaus, May 20, 2019, 09:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossdahaus

Looking to add my next round of mods and have been doing lots of reading on this forum about catted vs catless.

Some say catless with stock catback is great and some say there is rasp. Trying to narrow it down before spending the money.

Anyone care to share a video?
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

802SHO

Only video I have of my exhaust when it was catless downpipes to stock catback...with muffler deletes...sounded completely fine.  If you still have mufflers you're most definitely fine! 

https://youtu.be/M3Ahk0j-mw4
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

FiveLeeter918

I'll have to find a view on my phone but I have Stainless Works offroad DPs with stock catback (third cat and all) and I like it. 3/4 throttle at 2000 rpm has a little rasp but rarely there so it doesn't bother me. No drone and sounds great at wot.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

shoNoff

I have ssw catted on stock catback with 3rd cat still. Besides cold start you can't even tell I have exhaust on the car. I can take a video if you like.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Mossdahaus

Quote from: shoNoff on May 23, 2019, 04:57:13 PM
I have ssw catted on stock catback with 3rd cat still. Besides cold start you can't even tell I have exhaust on the car. I can take a video if you like.

Took your recommendation and ordered a set of SW carted downpipes. Even though the catless users say there is minimal rasp, I cannot stand the fact there is any. Getting installed next Wednesday.
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

shoNoff

You will love it as long as quiet is what you are looking for. Like I said at cold start you can tell you changed the exhaust. Once it warms you can't even notice. The only thing you get is a slight whistle from the turbos when driving. The Ssw's are a very well built piece. Hopefully you are just as happy with them.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile