• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

05/19/2019 MIR Test and Tune

Started by StealBlueSho, May 19, 2019, 03:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So tried to get to the track early before temps started to soar... while I did make it before runs started, the temps just didn't want to work out...  In any event.. here are the numbers from today. Initially I was disappointed however, DA was 2200+ and staging lanes were 85F+.. I was seeing 150F+ at the manifold at the start of the runs so not the best weather to be running. Matt was awesome at getting me a revision while I was at the track as there are still some items that needs to be addressed that were definitely impacting the performance. However I did get A LOT of good data from the run so Matt has plenty to work with.

First two runs were trying out a new setting in the tune that upped the torque management in the first two gears.. clearly didn't help as it just bogged off the line.. tried launching at 2000rpms the first run and 2400rpms the second run.. tires didn't even squeal...

Last three runs were with MOST of that torque management removed but still there..I was able to break the tires loose sooo.. we will see. I think the car performs better without the torque management in place.

Car: Full weight and 1/2 tank of E33
DA: 2200+
Temps: 80-85 air temps with 85F+ in the staging lanes

SIDE NOTE: It was MOPAR day at the track MSHS... The hellcat owners pretty much bought out the place of ice... I should have taken a picture as they were lined up with icebags on their superchargers.. and EVERYONE was complaining about the weather and how their ET's were way off.. so it wasn't just me.

802SHO

That is hot and very unfortunate weather conditions.  Even still I would also be disappointed.  I think meth would have helped in your efforts in such conditions.  Sounds like the weather was a disadvantage to all so it makes you wonder what you would have ran pre turbo install today.  All in all not terrible
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on May 19, 2019, 03:21:16 PM
That is hot and very unfortunate weather conditions.  Even still I would also be disappointed.  I think meth would have helped in your efforts in such conditions.  Sounds like the weather was a disadvantage to all so it makes you wonder what you would have ran pre turbo install today.  All in all not terrible

The thought of spraying crossed my mind more than a couple times, would have completely negated the weather conditions. Still don't want to deal with it though....

I'm guessing the weather added at least a couple tenths.. considering I ran 12.192 pre-turbo and downpipes... but DA was more than 3000ft less at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

At least you got to have some fun and get a lot of really good data to comb through and find where improvement can be made.  There's almost always somewhere that improvements can be made.  That DA was terrible too jeezum
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

76fomoco

still some nice and consistent numbers. I haven't had DA better than 3700' since the new tune with meth so I will see what next week brings.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

802SHO

You guys are fast for your DA for sure!  I'm always at + or - sea level

ZSHO

Definitely respectable times considering the DA! Need to acquire the sweet-spot for this new Beast! Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

76fomoco

my best time of 12.633 was with 65 deg and 3700 DA on 5.11.19 I would LOVE to do a 60 deg with 0 DA!!
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

shoNoff

You will get it for sure sbs. New set ups take time to dial in. Don't get discouraged. I think that's a pretty successful day for the first one out. I mean the car basically ran full bolt on stock turbo times and mph first time out in bad air. The set up is completely new for both you and GH. The data you received today will surely help down the road. I see bigger and better things coming from you shortly. I'm guess that DA took away 2/3 tenths and 1/2mph easy.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Just working out the kinks... we will get there...

I know there are some areas that need to be addressed in the tuning... and I know that the weather was sub-optimal.

Thinking Matt and I can work out the kinks in the tune, then keep my eyes open for a cooler night to run.

Heat soak was the killer today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Ok... attached are the two time slips.. To prevent me from going down a rabbit whole of compression checks etc to figure out where the lost power is.. what is your take?

Slip on the left was at the same track (same lane too!) but DA was -1388 @ 42F
Slip on the right was at the same track (same lane too!) but DA was +2200 @ 80F

Just on DA alone that would be a 3588ft swing.. not including the heatsoaking issues...

Looking for a sanity check as the turbos put down an extra 60hp since that slip on the left...

Would that much difference in weather/da have THAT much influence?

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 19, 2019, 07:22:06 PM
Ok... attached are the two time slips.. To prevent me from going down a rabbit whole of compression checks etc to figure out where the lost power is.. what is your take?

Slip on the left was at the same track (same lane too!) but DA was -1388 @ 42F
Slip on the right was at the same track (same lane too!) but DA was +2200 @ 80F

Just on DA alone that would be a 3588ft swing.. not including the heatsoaking issues...

Looking for a sanity check as the turbos put down an extra 60hp since that slip on the left...

Would that much difference in weather/da have THAT much influence?

The NHRA uses a table to convert et's for national indexes. By using that your run today was an 11.92 @ 116.4. Now this would be at sea level let alone -1400 feet. So yes the air killed you buddy. I added the table. When we used to run S/G and S/C around the country your index changed at certain tracks.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile