• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Had a tiny exhaust leak....

Started by Gray Brick, May 18, 2019, 03:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Brick

I was getting a startup tick and thought it was my chain...

Amazing it wasn't louder and went away after startup.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

Don't see those busted too often, must be all the power you are forcing through there :D

Glad it was a simple fix.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

Still a PITA to take everything apart on jack stands.

I wonder if it was bad enough to throw off my fuel trims.

Under hood heat also started to become a problem.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Gray Brick on May 18, 2019, 11:23:01 AM
Still a PITA to take everything apart on jack stands.

I wonder if it was bad enough to throw off my fuel trims.

Under hood heat also started to become a problem.

Did you reuse the gasket when you swapped the turbos? That could have caused that problem...always best to replace gaskets that are in very high heat area's when swapping parts.

ZSHO

The very reason I aways recommend to change the Gaskets especially being close to 500 deg exhaust heat!
Definitely would of thrown your Fuel trims off!
Glad you caught in time.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gray Brick

I changed all gaskets when the turbos were replaced.

I am assuming the bolts from the turbo to the manifold became loose and created a small leak that became larger and larger.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex

SHOdded

Yes, that could very well be true.  Just like Ford says with wheels, checking the bolts a couple hundred miles after install is a must.  Dunno if loctite would have helped any.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gray Brick

No sealant necessary on this one...

The factory gaskets are double wall crush type.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex

ZSHO