• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 16, 2019, 08:10:47 AM

This kind of reminds me how Donald Trump is treated in the media. It does seem no matter what we say here it's going to be our fault.

Did you really just say that?  Wow, why don't you tell Mike to "just go back where he came from" to his "shithole..."

When I make any significant purchase I do exhaustive research on whatever it is that I'm going spend my money on to make sure it's an acceptable expenditure and a quality product.  After I made a flood claim on my GTO and waited for the final decision on total loss or not, I spent 100 hours in 3 1/2 weeks looking for the perfect replacement vehicle and possible mods.  I kept my search between either a SHO or the MKS Eco.  After much research, discussions and internal pondering I skipped over Livernois and went with Unleashed for my tune.  They felt "right" and Livernois didn't.  I couldn't be happier with either my car or Unleashed and expect to enjoy both for years to come.

As a business owner myself I'm really disappointed in LMS' responses here.  Is this easy to do, no.  But it is the right thing to do and will earn you a lot more respect than the way you have responded here.  Take the high road, one for the team, one to the chin, whatever but I feel a business should never air dirty laundry nor engage in a tit for tat on a public forum.  It just makes you look bad and I can guarantee your responses here to the situation have netted you 0 new customers and will turn other's decisions away from you when considering tuners.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

ZSHO

FYI- Courtesy reminder NO Politics please! Don't want to see this thread steer off course! TIA. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Autowizzard

I have a few more things to add, I have read this whole tread many times. As a Business owner who does care, I'm a bit shocked at whats been said. We all make mistakes and I've made mine before and will again, EXAMPLE Installing Mikes trans cooler, Ran lines hooked it all up looked good, Woke up next morning, Called Mike and said, I Think I made a mistake on Line routing, Went back over it and I could have have done a better job and did. No hurt feelings, few bucks in fittings and we are all good. 2 more questions to Ponder  from LMS.

We all protect ourselves at home and business, I'm not a super tech guy but have enough cameras to be safe, I'm sure LMS has the same, If I was under supposed attack I would gladly show all video of dyno pulls, mechanical work etc, Many of my customers get 10 plus pics of issues when doing a inspection for repairs or when any major work is done, Safe for myself and they can see what went down, (example did a timing chain on a 3.5, Here are 7 pics on how clean engine was and chain, guide condition etc) I still would love to see the 1 hour subframe drop as I am jelous.

Lastly I am for sure not a pro engine builder or do I claim to be, but have had my hands in enough to know the deal. So On Mikes engine, It is stated that aftermarket bearings were used clevite from my understanding (not a bad brand but definately not what form specs call for). I do know The Ecoboost Crank is not meant to be remachined, Being said Ford uses color coded bearings, Meaning Each bearing pack is specific to measurement from the factory so they can fine tune each bearing, Now Building a high performance engine I would expect the same set up. The fact that one size fits all bearings were used just drops my jaw, Especially as Ford wants to build fast and cheap.Lastly I would love to hear how after 20k of use your bearing clearances (besides spun ones) are still too tight? If they were loose It would be easy to explain, wear and tear but If built wrong ??? Just my opinion but This motor only held up because it was not beat much and well maintained. Lets be serious, Mike is not a Drag guy or a Street racer, So A weak build would hold up to someone who makes the here and there pull an a on ramp or stoplight. Not enough to heat up the crank and bearings, A loaded dyno pull is way harder on any motor. Looks like he just had luck on his side as a daily driver 

TopherSho

Quote from: Autowizzard on July 17, 2019, 11:08:37 PM
I have a few more things to add, I have read this whole tread many times. As a Business owner who does care, I'm a bit shocked at whats been said. We all make mistakes and I've made mine before and will again, EXAMPLE Installing Mikes trans cooler, Ran lines hooked it all up looked good, Woke up next morning, Called Mike and said, I Think I made a mistake on Line routing, Went back over it and I could have have done a better job and did. No hurt feelings, few bucks in fittings and we are all good. 2 more questions to Ponder  from LMS.

We all protect ourselves at home and business, I'm not a super tech guy but have enough cameras to be safe, I'm sure LMS has the same, If I was under supposed attack I would gladly show all video of dyno pulls, mechanical work etc, Many of my customers get 10 plus pics of issues when doing a inspection for repairs or when any major work is done, Safe for myself and they can see what went down, (example did a timing chain on a 3.5, Here are 7 pics on how clean engine was and chain, guide condition etc) I still would love to see the 1 hour subframe drop as I am jelous.

Lastly I am for sure not a pro engine builder or do I claim to be, but have had my hands in enough to know the deal. So On Mikes engine, It is stated that aftermarket bearings were used clevite from my understanding (not a bad brand but definately not what form specs call for). I do know The Ecoboost Crank is not meant to be remachined, Being said Ford uses color coded bearings, Meaning Each bearing pack is specific to measurement from the factory so they can fine tune each bearing, Now Building a high performance engine I would expect the same set up. The fact that one size fits all bearings were used just drops my jaw, Especially as Ford wants to build fast and cheap.Lastly I would love to hear how after 20k of use your bearing clearances (besides spun ones) are still too tight? If they were loose It would be easy to explain, wear and tear but If built wrong ??? Just my opinion but This motor only held up because it was not beat much and well maintained. Lets be serious, Mike is not a Drag guy or a Street racer, So A weak build would hold up to someone who makes the here and there pull an a on ramp or stoplight. Not enough to heat up the crank and bearings, A loaded dyno pull is way harder on any motor. Looks like he just had luck on his side as a daily driver

I'm super curious about the DECK not being closed when it should have been.  i have no stake here,  but I think that really deserved and answer.  I have a theory ... but i'm keeping it to myself.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

RagingPenguin

This is so upside down I don't know who to believe.

I've had a LMS tune on my 2010 (stage 4 I think...?) for 4 years  now with no real issues (well other than a pre-existing one that no one has figured out) So on one hand I'm in the it's fine pile but there's that tiny nagging voice saying stuff.

limited02

In regards to Mike's engine not being a closed deck, the video from LMS when they built it shows an open deck and even says it's the Pro-series block, which is not closed deck.  I don't know if there was a miscommunication or what, but back when it was built, it's clear as day it was an open deck and not closed.

Edit - I might as well post the video and I don't recall seeing it posted throughout the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlvKcG3neo

bpd1151

Once again, if one stops the video at around the 41 second mark, you can see the deck exposed, and it is lacking all the jagged marks in the deck surface, that are/were present in mine, and ARE NOT in that video.

Those marks were left behind by incredibly poor machining, and the equipment being dragged atop the deck surface.

My engine was also not their 1st EB build. So suffice to say, the block in that video, does not appear to be mine, for the exact reasons stated above.

But at this juncture, it seems to be beating a dead horse. Time for the community to move on.

I know I have. Hope everyone's well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

limited02

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 31, 2019, 09:49:13 PM
Once again, if one stops the video at around the 41 second mark, you can see the deck exposed, and it is lacking all the jagged marks in the deck surface, that are/were present in mine, and ARE NOT in that video.

Those marks were left behind by incredibly poor machining, and the equipment being dragged atop the deck surface.

My engine was also not their 1st EB build. So suffice to say, the block in that video, does not appear to be mine, for the exact reasons stated above.

But at this juncture, it seems to be beating a dead horse. Time for the community to move on.

I know I have. Hope everyone's well.

Apologies if you've covered it before.  As you said, it's beating a dead horse now and your current build will be everything you intended and then some!  Best of luck Mike! 

Gjkrisa

Yeap excited to see a 1000 hp Ecoboost

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bpd1151

That's a goal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Hopefully it can be achieved.

Lots to tackle. All in due time. Fingers crossed.

EcoPowerParts

I've been through what you're dealing with twice with my CTS-V, you take your lumps and move on, it sucks but it is what it is.
The question I have out of all this is how the hell is the transmission going to handle 1000 HP :)
Might be time to just fix the engine back to where it was and build an 18 ecoboost truck, at least the transmission can be built or swapped to a turbo 400 for max effort. :) I mean you can keep trying to push the boundary but the transmission and PTU are the weak points above 600WHP, it's been proven over and over again.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

limited02

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 01, 2019, 10:33:52 AM
I've been through what you're dealing with twice with my CTS-V, you take your lumps and move on, it sucks but it is what it is.
The question I have out of all this is how the hell is the transmission going to handle 1000 HP :)
Might be time to just fix the engine back to where it was and build an 18 ecoboost truck, at least the transmission can be built or swapped to a turbo 400 for max effort. :) I mean you can keep trying to push the boundary but the transmission and PTU are the weak points above 600WHP, it's been proven over and over again.
https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/bpd1151s-2010-rebuild-thread.139715/page-2#post-1514705

FLEXXX

Might be time to just build an ecoboost truck

im super ass backwards, I got rid of my f150 (built with tunes from mike at MPT) and got the flex..
Motor, turbo's, exhaust, intake, nitrous, W/M blah blah blah

bpd1151

@EPP......thanks Mike B. for the post. The entire experience/debacle has been nerve racking to say the least. Alas though, I digress. Too exhausting to keep being re-victimized to continue it's discussion.

Moving along though, I'm in too deep with the SHO as it is, in order to just walk away from it entirely. Besides, I like the uniqueness of it.

Much like the Flex's, one sees very few of either on the road. Yet alone modded one's.

I'm motivated and have been logging a butt load of overtime hours.

I had many to thank for how far the SHO came before this, and will have many more to continue thanking as I move forward, if successful and the intended goals are at least closely achieved, or met entirely.

Time will tell. I'll be happy either way. It's my SHO afterall.

I've always enjoyed rep'n the platform, (particularly for this GEN) much like Zach Wright and his infamous, record setting OF ALL GEN SHO's dubbed the "Blue Turd" has been for him.

Thanks again for the post. Hope all is well.

StealBlueSho

I thought you said 500awhp for the trans based on the results from your flex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk