• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I thought it was a closed deck? At least that's what LMS claimed at one point on the forums iirc...

Also... the Blackstone report states trace amount of fuel dilution in the oil? Interesting as that's what LMS said caused the failure?

Sorry to hear about this... hopefully things will turn around and new records will be set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on July 12, 2019, 09:03:39 PM
I thought it was a closed deck? At least that's what LMS claimed at one point on the forums iirc...

Also... the Blackstone report states trace amount of fuel dilution in the oil? Interesting as that's what LMS said caused the failure?

Sorry to hear about this... hopefully things will turn around and new records will be set...

I was told it was a closed deck design, yes. I was also told that the oil passages had been modified to allow for better cooling/lubrication, etc.

Neither instance appeared to be the case.

As far as the oil report, I found that interesting too. Including the estimated mileage of the oil. The report seems to contradict what was claimed to have been done.

Thanks for the condolences. I've been working a butt load of overtime in recent weeks in order to help offset the cost of a new build. Albeit by a different vendor this time around.

It will be akin to the proverbially Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: SM105K on July 12, 2019, 09:02:45 PM
Interesting....I have built and have had built numerous forged motors in my days. Mike, did LMS give you a built sheet with specs like this?
NOPE.

StealBlueSho

And can someone smarter than me explain how FOUR out of SIX bearings are spun?! On one dyno session that only had 1 pull supposedly?!

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 12, 2019, 09:13:03 PM
Quote from: SM105K on July 12, 2019, 09:02:45 PM
Interesting....I have built and have had built numerous forged motors in my days. Mike, did LMS give you a built sheet with specs like this?
NOPE.

Well that is very telling.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Welp. Someone's got some explaining to do
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

I appreciate you keeping us updated their bpd1151 on this whole ordeal and providing the community with pure Factual Data! I hope there is an amicable resolution to this matter which can be had to offset your expenses and all! Best of luck and keep us updated on all counts. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Quikv6

I was always under the impression that this was the top of the line LMS closed deck full race engine. Does anyone else have that done or think they have that done on their car? This isn't the first time I've heard of them not doing work they have implied they were doing. Last time was a Coyote Mustang engine where pil pump gears and timing sprockets were left stock and failed on the first 1/4 mile run. They were never good about itemizing their invoices either, so it is looking to be common practice for them to not do what you think is being done, and give you zero documentation supporting your claim.

I HATE THIEVES!!
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.
2015 Roush Mustang VMP supercharged 750RWHP
2019 Ranger Lifted Mini Mall Crawler also Tuned by Torrie

shoNoff

Wow just wow. Thank you for posting that. I feel so bad for you. I hope you come back stronger then ever. Can't wait to see how they blame you yet again for this.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

On the other thread on SHOForum....Jeff2017 said this...

"LMS blamed the fuel injectors if I remember right. This kind of explains why they suddenly decided to offer to fix the motor for free. Didn't want a detailed analysis of their work."

In my book...that is a open and closed case.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

And as I replied over there, the "offer" was NOT for everything to be free, as being publicly reported.

SHOhobo

Thank you for the update and look forward to the return of the OG baddest A$$ SHO in the world. I have to add, as a proud father, that ur SHO build and ur profession is one of the interests in my sons life that influenced him to change his college major from a Medical Degree to Sociology and Criminology Degree and he will be an Officer of the Law when he graduates next May (is already employed part time as a Master Controller in our local County Jail and has an absolute in once a Deputy postion opens up). I could not be more proud of him.  From when I got my 2015 Ingot Silver non-pp SHO when he was just barely 3mos into legally driving and then up and until now with my 2018 non-pp Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (extreme color description per the Moroney) he has always had free reign to drive my SHOs...he is that responsible and has my full trust obviously. He loves the SHO platform and was bummed when he saw what happened with your baby - as was I.  I know I am not a regular contributor on this forum but I follow it regularly and especially what has happened with your gem/baby and felt compelled to share this with y'all.

Best to u bpd1151 - Mike...we will be following.

Cheers to the SHO - King of the Stop Light Grand Prix!!!!
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

bpd1151

Thank you SHOhobo and may your son have a lengthy, successful, safe career.

It is full of twists and turns, that I can assure you. Most rewarding. Always challenging, and a few bumps along the way are all to be expected.

My eldest child recently graduated (oddly enough, the bombshell phone call about my motor was initiated on her graduation, May 10th) with 2 Bachelor's in 3yrs, High honors, Summa Cum Laude, and a host of awards.

A federal law enforcement agency offered her a full time gig even prior to graduation. A smart cookie, and will have her Master's completed by the end if this year.

I appreciate you coming out of the wood work, and posting. Thank you.

802SHO

The oil report and engine report say it all.  It's hard to really understand why a company as a whole even down to just one single person would not put their best effort into the work they perform, that someone else is paying for and relying on.  Makes me wonder what the mindset is.  Taking price in one's work isn't as common as we'd all like to think.  But coming from such a highly publicised build and highly technical work needed to perform such work....come to find out its not as good as it should have been or downright not even close to what you were led to believe.  It just makes you shake your head.  I just don't get it. 

Call it my intuition or something but I never believed it was the injectors but I do believe they didn't know how to tune them properly.  There's no reason those injectors should have been removed.  Equally so to state the injectors are basically trash....bc they can't get them to work properly?  Again it's that mindset and attitude "we are the best".  What is it, the movie Happy Gilmore where Adam Sandler goes back to school.  One kid in particular was always being a bully and would lash out then say, O'Doille Rules!  Lol it's like shut the ..... Up! 

The way you kept quiet while all this talking back and fourth was very well played.  I'd say 95% of people could not have held their tongue under similar circumstances.  Then to come back with factual information from 3rd party unbiased reports.....that was extremely well played sir. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

To be Fair and straight to the point BOOSTED SHO had some issues a while back with his Built motor IIRC! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|