• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 10:17:05 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 10:03:58 AM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 09:30:39 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 07, 2019, 12:51:58 AM
Quick question:  who is making these Livernois posts?  Personal curiousity :)

Missteps happen.  Thank you for elaborating on your side of the story!  Now we await Mike's ...

This Dan Millen

Anyway super disappointing,

1. Customer has good running car for over 5 Years
2. Customer puts larger injectors in not tuned for and drives car for some amount of time.
3. Livernois doesn't recommend the injectors but against Livernois Will customer insists to use them. We put together a tune "guess" to run better
4. Cutomer Drives car over 5 Hours with a limp around tune.
5. I try and try to get the injectors to work for over a week.
6. Finally I talk to customer let him know 2010-2012 PCM doesn't have the adjustable values to make the injectors work period. (again we didn't want these injectors)
7. Swap to factory Injectors
8. Attempt to dyno and half of a Pull its significantly down on power.
9. Engine making noise. (I heard the noise and figured its a rod bearing)
10. Talk to customer Friday says we will think about it over the weekend
11. Friday I decide we are going to fix it regardless and 100% know its not Livernois Fault (I have been doing this long enough to know what happened) Not worried about getting paid thought customer was good dude. (fuel in the oil from no tune from Injectors thus rod had less lubrication)
12. Monday Tow truck is here to pick up car. Customer tried to call me over weekend but I figured I would call back Monday
13. Customer is mad we started to work on car. I then said look we will just fix it try to help out. Let customer know we would fix for free
14. Tow truck is here waiting I offered to pay tow guy expense and just leave car here. I let customer know we have some time now and the offer to fix for free may not be there especially in middle of summer.
15. Here we are now discussing this and I bet we could of had fixed for Carlisle.

Unbelievable how horrible this situation can be for some company or someone who was just trying to help. Customer has not PAID anything, stuff we did, parts, labor or my time.

I expect Mike to come on here and relay the above facts are true.

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

I will wait for Mike's response with his side before I delve into this certain situation.

However, just know you guys are already in hot water over the whole V11 debacle.  Your primary fix was, "buy our upgraded HPFP" or here is V11 2.0 which numerous customers scoffed at and jumped ship.  You lost customer confidence when LMS had little to zero explanation on why the tune was straight hot garbage, when called out buy other tuners.  From what I am starting to see, rotating assemblies are starting to failure with the V11 tunes loaded, but you probably know that already.

Add the flip flop of the catch can, when you guys introduced your variant of it.

I can see the writing on the wall Dan.  Whoever, ran this account was completely incompetent and V11 was a straight short cutted hot garbage tune.  It has put a bad taste in our communities mouth, and now add this with "YOUR Flagship Ecoboost SHO" matter, sorry (I am not one bit) if we are completely skeptical. 

You have a uphill battle coming, however I personally believe as a business (which I completely understand) you are starting to phase out the SHO platform. That started to become apparent when LMS rested on their laurels and put out V11.   

I don't know of V11 Engine failures but we are on several iterations since then.

And if you think for one minute a car thats got a decent bit mileage and is hopped up won't ever break you are sadly mistaken.

The reason we had issues with V11 is we don't run these cars a lean as the "other tuners". (our problem was the car pulling power and cutting out saving the engine) Look at what the other tuners record are for failed engines. We prolly did

Did Mikes engine fail sure but he's also trying to do stuff the rest of the community isn't doing.

You see this as a opportunity to Bash us great. Read my above post and let me know how you can bash us?

Most these "tuners" have copied our stuff and sell a modified version as "their tune"

Anyway speak about your experiences not other peoples and you will be liked much more

Thanks

Dan

I do enjoy this comment..........and I ask one question.

This is straight form your website....

"Our MyCalibrator Touch Tuner is combined with our proprietary tuning software we have more access, more experience, more tuning support, more parts support and far more world records to back us up than any other tune provider in the marketplace."

How proprietary is your tuning software if other tuners have copied your tunes and passed them off as their own?

Sounds like you are misleading the public about your tuning capabilities and using that as a FLAT OUT BS GIMMICK.

I used to praise your company.

Great attacks on the lawn mower!!

No not everyone is perfect and not everyone loves us. I get it

Is our software Proprietary? YES! Its not SCT, or Diablo (although I know those guys very well we all talk)
Do we manufacture our own device? YES
Is it made in the USA? YES! IN MICHIGAN!! Well all but the Screen the LED is made in China sorry cant get a LCD over here
Do we have custom OS? YES! We actually have a full flex fuel tune running and working. Not for sale yet! Coming Soon

I guess you need to elaborate on what our Gimmick is? My above statements are true. We are making tuning Great again! (stole from a buddy)
If making a Handheld device, Using software we have developed to modify the tune, and creating a new OS I don't know what is Gimmicky.

Really what makes people like you hate on companies our our company? Is it success? Or did we piss you off?
We have some really big news on tuning in the near future you should check it out. Promise it will be something you will want

Thanks

Dan

SM105K

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

Missteps happen.  Thank you for elaborating on your side of the story!  Now we await Mike's ...

This Dan Millen

2. Customer puts larger injectors in not tuned for and drives car for some amount of time.
3. Livernois doesn't recommend the injectors but against Livernois Will customer insists to use them. We put together a tune "guess" to run better
6. Finally I talk to customer let him know 2010-2012 PCM doesn't have the adjustable values to make the injectors work period. (again we didn't want these injectors)
11. Friday I decide we are going to fix it regardless and 100% know its not Livernois Fault (I have been doing this long enough to know what happened) Not worried about getting paid thought customer was good dude. (fuel in the oil from no tune from Injectors thus rod had less lubrication)
12. Monday Tow truck is here to pick up car. Customer tried to call me over weekend but I figured I would call back Monday
13. Customer is mad we started to work on car. I then said look we will just fix it try to help out. Let customer know we would fix for free
14. Tow truck is here waiting I offered to pay tow guy expense and just leave car here. I let customer know we have some time now and the offer to fix for free may not be there especially in middle of summer.
15. Here we are now discussing this and I bet we could of had fixed for Carlisle.

Unbelievable how horrible this situation can be for some company or someone who was just trying to help. Customer has not PAID anything, stuff we did, parts, labor or my time.

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

I will wait for Mike's response with his side before I delve into this certain situation.

However, just know you guys are already in hot water over the whole V11 debacle.  Your primary fix was, "buy our upgraded HPFP" or here is V11 2.0 which numerous customers scoffed at and jumped ship.  You lost customer confidence when LMS had little to zero explanation on why the tune was straight hot garbage, when called out buy other tuners.  From what I am starting to see, rotating assemblies are starting to failure with the V11 tunes loaded, but you probably know that already.

Add the flip flop of the catch can, when you guys introduced your variant of it.

I can see the writing on the wall Dan.  Whoever, ran this account was completely incompetent and V11 was a straight short cutted hot garbage tune.  It has put a bad taste in our communities mouth, and now add this with "YOUR Flagship Ecoboost SHO" matter, sorry (I am not one bit) if we are completely skeptical. 

You have a uphill battle coming, however I personally believe as a business (which I completely understand) you are starting to phase out the SHO platform. That started to become apparent when LMS rested on their laurels and put out V11.   

I don't know of V11 Engine failures but we are on several iterations since then.

And if you think for one minute a car thats got a decent bit mileage and is hopped up won't ever break you are sadly mistaken.

The reason we had issues with V11 is we don't run these cars a lean as the "other tuners". (our problem was the car pulling power and cutting out saving the engine) Look at what the other tuners record are for failed engines. We prolly did

Did Mikes engine fail sure but he's also trying to do stuff the rest of the community isn't doing.

You see this as a opportunity to Bash us great. Read my above post and let me know how you can bash us?

Most these "tuners" have copied our stuff and sell a modified version as "their tune"

Anyway speak about your experiences not other peoples and you will be liked much more

Thanks

Dan

"Our MyCalibrator Touch Tuner is combined with our proprietary tuning software we have more access, more experience, more tuning support, more parts support and far more world records to back us up than any other tune provider in the marketplace."

How proprietary is your tuning software if other tuners have copied your tunes and passed them off as their own?

Sounds like you are misleading the public about your tuning capabilities and using that as a FLAT OUT BS GIMMICK.

Is our software Proprietary? YES! Its not SCT, or Diablo (although I know those guys very well we all talk)
Is it made in the USA? YES! IN MICHIGAN!! Well all but the Screen the LED is made in China sorry cant get a LCD over here
Do we have custom OS? YES! We actually have a full flex fuel tune running and working. Not for sale yet! Coming Soon

I guess you need to elaborate on what our Gimmick is? My above statements are true. We are making tuning Great again! (stole from a buddy)
If making a Handheld device, Using software we have developed to modify the tune, and creating a new OS I don't know what is Gimmicky.

Really what makes people like you hate on companies our our company? Is it success? Or did we piss you off?
We have some really big news on tuning in the near future you should check it out. Promise it will be something you will want

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

Tell you what.  I am not going to clutter this post anymore, but I will tell you what I will do.  How about, you post a "LMS SHO Community Thread" in the vendors section.  I would ask the moderators to cut this thread it move it over there.  Then we can go and forth about your short falls and continuing fall from grace within our community.  This can give you the personal interaction with our community and you can shore up some issues, because clearly we want it, and clearly you need it.  Ball is in your court bud.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:15:18 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
I think we are steering off course here and as courteous reminder Lets stick to the TOPIC ON HAND PLEASE! TIA. Z

Z,

Would it be appropriate to start an LMS thread about issues their customers have had with their company, and their tunes?
It should be deemed appropriate only by the member who specifically has experienced such issue in the Vendor section. Z

If a member who has had an issue with their LMS tune should post their experience in the Vendor section, I would like submit two threads that both have over 400 posts discussing issues with LMS stemming from my observations in my previous posts here.
If a specific member has purchased any such product by a vendor on this Board that member is obligated to share his/her experience plain and simple in the vendor section!

Customer service and support is the key to any foundation. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I think LMS has finished providing there side of the story and waiting on the OP response when duly noted. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:51:11 AM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

Thanks

Dan

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

Tell you what.  I am not going to clutter this post anymore, but I will tell you what I will do.  How about, you post a "LMS SHO Community Thread" in the vendors section.  I would ask the moderators to cut this thread it move it over there.  Then we can go and forth about your short falls and continuing fall from grace within our community.  This can give you the personal interaction with our community and you can shore up some issues, because clearly we want it, and clearly you need it.  Ball is in your court bud.

I don't think there is any good to come out of discussions with you on our company so if you want to bash us you have that right. I won't start a thread with he said she said. There is no need for that.

On our company we just need to do a good job and let our performance speak for itself. Honestly every year or so there is a new "goto" tuner that improves on what has been done. And in many cases I have seen our tunes ripped right off and a few things changed here and there and sold as "theirs".

We had some customer service problems cause we had bad people here. That stuff is gone and we are back on track. Look we hire humans, some have done a excellent job some not so much. But regardless we never ever leave people out to hang unless they don't want help.  Do we make mistakes? YES. Do we try and fix them? YES

That's all I can ask for as a consumer.

But please please if someone or you have a legitimate problem call in well do our best to fix the situation. Hell Post something on a forum and be willing to work with us, that's all I ask. It does seem like some people just want to be able to badmouth a company and wont take help. I never been like that life it to short.

You see the post about Mike and those are the facts. Promise I will wager my reputation on this situation. Ask around if you or anyone else know me and how I operate I beg you to prove me wrong.

Regards

Dan

ZSHO

@- Dan from LMS Respectively think you made your point loud and clear and need to move on!
As mentioned earlier waiting on the OP Response as duly noted.TIA. Z

SM105K

Dan,

This isn't about Mike's post. My comments were about your company and my issues that I have seen over the past year. 

I have asked you to take this conversation between us to your own thread. I have numerous rebuttals to your comments. There we can engage with the community, and you can have the opportunity to save face about the issues that have been brought forward.

If you choose not too, then that speaks volumes. It again puts even more doubt to your credibility within our community. 

Best Wishes and Cheers,

Easton

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

I have no dog in this fight at all. I'm reading from a far and gathering info that's available to us. But you guys knew he installed these injectors correct? You knew they wouldn't work correct? You provided a simple get by limp it down here tune. Ok so how didn't you know the oil would be washed down with fuel? You learned this after calling the customer? You knew he drove it there. Now I understand it's a rod bearing this could of started months ago. This could of happened with stock injectors. Trust me I get it race parts, performance parts or any part can fail. Nothing is perfect. No one here is hating on you for your accomplishments. The hate is coming from your "we are the greatest and invented everything" attitude. You have done a lot for a lot of cars. No one has ever said you haven't. But you guys act like you invented everything and everyone copies from you. It's like listening to Howard Stern.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

GhostlyGrenade

i want to say if we put this much effort in sharing what works and what doesn't, we will be a far better community. Knowledge comes from experience, our own and others. lets get something positive from this. obviously the SHO/flex/explorer is the underdog of ecoboost so we don't have the benefit of thousands upon thousands of people trying aftermarket parts...hell we don't have much of an aftermarket yet, but it is growing. i applaud anyone who develops something for this platform. i am hoping to put a lot more mods on mine when time allows it.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

griggs95

i can really sympathize with the entire situation on both sides. The car thing is not what it was several years ago and modern technology is so complex, that things of this nature are certain to happen.

BDP's car is one that's being pushed to the limit (I feel) and something like this was almost bound to happen at some point. I see LMS's point as a former business owner and it is tough to have something like this happen, but it does. It really appears they're trying, and have tried to help fix this. There explanation thus far makes a lot of sense.

I thank LMS for the pioneering they've done to date and understand how tough this type of business is. I would never get into it myself and am glad they have the balls to continue, and hopefully keep the ecoboost platform strong.

I hope for a peaceful resolution and I think it can be done. LMS seams very professional and I can tell from BDP's years of posts, that he is as well.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

TopherSho

Can we lock this thread until BPD is ready to reply ? 

It would be good to keep it calm and level and not leave people and organizations distrusting or maligning each other by reactions to an incomplete diagnosis and issue understanding ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bamsho

I have been in the loop from the beginning of this, and there is definitely more too it. Mike will have an answers and results soon.  That's all I can say at this time.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

For obvious reasons, this thread will now be locked until bpd/Mike asks us to reopen it.  Any attempt at spawning threads related to this topic will be summarily squashed.  Thank you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Wow. Great to see all the interest here. As I stated from the beginning, I had no desire for this to turn into a proverbial $h!t show. Now with that said.....

I realize that parts break. It happens. It also goes without saying, that I have been OVERLY OCD on maintenance. I've learned quite a bit since the failure was communicated to me. In hindsight, I should've taken this so called "built motor" to task and beaten the snot out of it, right out of the gate. I now know it wouldn't of lasted as long as it had.

Anyhow, I want to keep this update as concise as possible. If questions arise, or the conversation develops, whereas additional clarification is needed and/or requested, then by all means, I'll expound.

Let's move onto the reports!

So, here is the oil analysis from Blackstone Laboratories:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Bkw3duA72HEQMILyiD4PJzIE9kFEttS/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, here is the report from the local machine shop who I had tear this motor down, as well as perfom an in-depth forensic analysis upon same:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9TsCV9YXmrFd293bnZCLXJEREZhVWduZFB4clFiTzdtQmd3/view?usp=drivesdk

I have/had no affiliation with either of the above vendors prior to me having asked them to perform their respective services. I thought this was/is important as I wanted to have completely neutral, 3rd parties involved in this, so as to provide me with unbiased facts.

Some pictures sent to me by the machine shop, depicting the less than stellar machining and what not are below.

Any questions, comments? LMK.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Interesting....I have built and have had built numerous forged motors in my days. Mike, did LMS give you a built sheet with specs like this?