• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Let's take a break fellas! Z  :smoke:
Curious on what Mike bpd1151 has to say! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 06:57:20 AM
Let's take a break fellas! Z  :smoke:
Curious on what Mike bpd1151 has to say! Z

Z,

Out of respect to you, I will remain silent until Mike's side comes out in this certain matter. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SHOdded on June 07, 2019, 12:51:58 AM
Quick question:  who is making these Livernois posts?  Personal curiousity :)

Missteps happen.  Thank you for elaborating on your side of the story!  Now we await Mike's ...

This Dan Millen

Anyway super disappointing,

1. Customer has good running car for over 5 Years
2. Customer puts larger injectors in not tuned for and drives car for some amount of time.
3. Livernois doesn't recommend the injectors but against Livernois Will customer insists to use them. We put together a tune "guess" to run better
4. Cutomer Drives car over 5 Hours with a limp around tune.
5. I try and try to get the injectors to work for over a week.
6. Finally I talk to customer let him know 2010-2012 PCM doesn't have the adjustable values to make the injectors work period. (again we didn't want these injectors)
7. Swap to factory Injectors
8. Attempt to dyno and half of a Pull its significantly down on power.
9. Engine making noise. (I heard the noise and figured its a rod bearing)
10. Talk to customer Friday says we will think about it over the weekend
11. Friday I decide we are going to fix it regardless and 100% know its not Livernois Fault (I have been doing this long enough to know what happened) Not worried about getting paid thought customer was good dude. (fuel in the oil from no tune from Injectors thus rod had less lubrication)
12. Monday Tow truck is here to pick up car. Customer tried to call me over weekend but I figured I would call back Monday
13. Customer is mad we started to work on car. I then said look we will just fix it try to help out. Let customer know we would fix for free
14. Tow truck is here waiting I offered to pay tow guy expense and just leave car here. I let customer know we have some time now and the offer to fix for free may not be there especially in middle of summer.
15. Here we are now discussing this and I bet we could of had fixed for Carlisle.

Unbelievable how horrible this situation can be for some company or someone who was just trying to help. Customer has not PAID anything, stuff we did, parts, labor or my time.

I expect Mike to come on here and relay the above facts are true.

Happy Friday

Dan

Brucelinc

I am super glad and relieved to see Livernois and especially Dan jump in here.   I have been loyal to LME for years but Mike's situation had me quite concerned that my loyalty was misplaced.   Up to now, the Livernois team has been silent on this subject and that was also concerning.

I am not passing judgement either way but just as a customer and bystander, I appreciate hearing the other side of this story.

SM105K

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 09:30:39 AM

Missteps happen.  Thank you for elaborating on your side of the story!  Now we await Mike's ...

This Dan Millen

2. Customer puts larger injectors in not tuned for and drives car for some amount of time.
3. Livernois doesn't recommend the injectors but against Livernois Will customer insists to use them. We put together a tune "guess" to run better
6. Finally I talk to customer let him know 2010-2012 PCM doesn't have the adjustable values to make the injectors work period. (again we didn't want these injectors)
11. Friday I decide we are going to fix it regardless and 100% know its not Livernois Fault (I have been doing this long enough to know what happened) Not worried about getting paid thought customer was good dude. (fuel in the oil from no tune from Injectors thus rod had less lubrication)
12. Monday Tow truck is here to pick up car. Customer tried to call me over weekend but I figured I would call back Monday
13. Customer is mad we started to work on car. I then said look we will just fix it try to help out. Let customer know we would fix for free
14. Tow truck is here waiting I offered to pay tow guy expense and just leave car here. I let customer know we have some time now and the offer to fix for free may not be there especially in middle of summer.
15. Here we are now discussing this and I bet we could of had fixed for Carlisle.

Unbelievable how horrible this situation can be for some company or someone who was just trying to help. Customer has not PAID anything, stuff we did, parts, labor or my time.

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

I will wait for Mike's response with his side before I delve into this certain situation.

However, just know you guys are already in hot water over the whole V11 debacle.  Your primary fix was, "buy our upgraded HPFP" or here is V11 2.0 which numerous customers scoffed at and jumped ship.  You lost customer confidence when LMS had little to zero explanation on why the tune was straight hot garbage, when called out buy other tuners.  From what I am starting to see, rotating assemblies are starting to failure with the V11 tunes loaded, but you probably know that already.

Add the flip flop of the catch can, when you guys introduced your variant of it.

I can see the writing on the wall Dan.  Whoever, ran this account was completely incompetent and V11 was a straight short cutted hot garbage tune.  It has put a bad taste in our communities mouth, and now add this with "YOUR Flagship Ecoboost SHO" matter, sorry (I am not one bit) if we are completely skeptical. 

You have a uphill battle coming, however I personally believe as a business (which I completely understand) you are starting to phase out the SHO platform. That started to become apparent when LMS rested on their laurels and put out V11.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Livernois Motorsports

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

One more thing customer installed larger injectors and drove around for some time then when he told me how the car was running I said "dude you can't drive without a tune!". He sent me the flow sheet and I put a "guess" tune togehter

Sorry I missed this but this is relevant information

Thanks

Dan

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 10:03:58 AM

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

I will wait for Mike's response with his side before I delve into this certain situation.

However, just know you guys are already in hot water over the whole V11 debacle.  Your primary fix was, "buy our upgraded HPFP" or here is V11 2.0 which numerous customers scoffed at and jumped ship.  You lost customer confidence when LMS had little to zero explanation on why the tune was straight hot garbage, when called out buy other tuners.  From what I am starting to see, rotating assemblies are starting to failure with the V11 tunes loaded, but you probably know that already.

Add the flip flop of the catch can, when you guys introduced your variant of it.

I can see the writing on the wall Dan.  Whoever, ran this account was completely incompetent and V11 was a straight short cutted hot garbage tune.  It has put a bad taste in our communities mouth, and now add this with "YOUR Flagship Ecoboost SHO" matter, sorry (I am not one bit) if we are completely skeptical. 

You have a uphill battle coming, however I personally believe as a business (which I completely understand) you are starting to phase out the SHO platform. That started to become apparent when LMS rested on their laurels and put out V11.   

I don't know of V11 Engine failures but we are on several iterations since then.

And if you think for one minute a car thats got a decent bit mileage and is hopped up won't ever break you are sadly mistaken.

The reason we had issues with V11 is we don't run these cars a lean as the "other tuners". (our problem was the car pulling power and cutting out saving the engine) Look at what the other tuners record are for failed engines. We prolly did

Did Mikes engine fail sure but he's also trying to do stuff the rest of the community isn't doing.

You see this as a opportunity to Bash us great. Read my above post and let me know how you can bash us?

Most these "tuners" have copied our stuff and sell a modified version as "their tune"

Anyway speak about your experiences not other peoples and you will be liked much more

Thanks

Dan

SM105K

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 10:17:05 AM

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

I don't know of V11 Engine failures but we are on several iterations since then.

And if you think for one minute a car thats got a decent bit mileage and is hopped up won't ever break you are sadly mistaken.

The reason we had issues with V11 is we don't run these cars a lean as the "other tuners". (our problem was the car pulling power and cutting out saving the engine) Look at what the other tuners record are for failed engines. We prolly did

Did Mikes engine fail sure but he's also trying to do stuff the rest of the community isn't doing.

You see this as a opportunity to Bash us great. Read my above post and let me know how you can bash us?

Most these "tuners" have copied our stuff and sell a modified version as "their tune"

Anyway speak about your experiences not other peoples and you will be liked much more

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

Speak about my experience? I don't have too.  I wouldn't let your company tune my lawn mower much less my SHO.  My stock HFPF E30 tune car is safer and stable (even in cold weather), made more power, and gone faster then your "93 tuned Meth race tune" cars.  Your company continues to flip flop and there has been an exodus in this community that have jumped tuners because your tunes cannot be trusted anymore. 

Fact.

I haven't bashed you on Mike's situation.  Clearly you are inept once again and didn't understand my first statement. I bashed on you and your companies lack of clarity over V11 and flip flops over just the past year. 

SM105K

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on June 07, 2019, 10:17:05 AM

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

Dan,

Thanks

Dan

I do enjoy this comment..........and I ask one question.

This is straight form your website....

"Our MyCalibrator Touch Tuner is combined with our proprietary tuning software we have more access, more experience, more tuning support, more parts support and far more world records to back us up than any other tune provider in the marketplace."

How proprietary is your tuning software if other tuners have copied your tunes and passed them off as their own?

Sounds like you are misleading the public about your tuning capabilities and using that as a FLAT OUT BS GIMMICK.

I used to praise your company.

ZSHO

I think we are steering way off course here and as a (courteous) reminder Lets stick to the TOPIC ON HAND PLEASE! TIA. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
I think we are steering off course here and as courteous reminder Lets stick to the TOPIC ON HAND PLEASE! TIA. Z

Z,

Would it be appropriate to start an LMS thread about issues their customers have had with their company, and their tunes?   

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:15:18 AM
I think we are steering off course here and as courteous reminder Lets stick to the TOPIC ON HAND PLEASE! TIA. Z

Z,

Would it be appropriate to start an LMS thread about issues their customers have had with their company, and their tunes?
It should be deemed appropriate but limited to only a member who specifically has experienced such issue in the Vendor section. Z

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on June 07, 2019, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 11:15:18 AM

Z,

It should be deemed appropriate only by the member who specifically has experienced such issue in the Vendor section. Z

If a member who has had an issue with their LMS tune should post their experience in the Vendor section, I would like submit two threads that both have over 400 posts discussing issues with LMS stemming from my observations in my previous posts here. 

Dxlnt1

This Dan Millen

Happy Friday

Dan

The insinuation of a lifelong (5 year) warranty is ludicrous. You wanted to help to save face. You both have a lot of time and money invested in his project. I know people and had my own heavily modified engine internals. While I never got a 5 year warranty, the cars ran great, fast and reliably for over 15 years until I sold mine.

As I stated you see how quickly your reputation is being tarnished here. I too have bad incidents/communications with your company but not to the extent that some others have had. Again I say to you, go mend your broken relationship. Like you said that was a conversation between you two.

Mike, if you have any amount of confidence in LMS, then maybe a calmer you can reassess your position here.

Would be great to find a wrecked Ford GT and snatch the drive train from there and stuff it in the SHO! That would likely be my only future mod to this car!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SM105K on June 07, 2019, 10:45:13 AM
I do enjoy this comment..........and I ask one question.

This is straight form your website....

"Our MyCalibrator Touch Tuner is combined with our proprietary tuning software we have more access, more experience, more tuning support, more parts support and far more world records to back us up than any other tune provider in the marketplace."

How proprietary is your tuning software if other tuners have copied your tunes and passed them off as their own?

Sounds like you are misleading the public about your tuning capabilities and using that as a FLAT OUT BS GIMMICK.

I used to praise your company.

You might be mistaking PCM software vs Tuning software. One is what the PCM runs off of, the other is what you use to make the changes. We took the time to reverse engineer our own software to tune these. By doing so we figured out ever parameter in the PCM, and what it does. But when we install these changes into the PCM, someone can extract those changes with 3rd party software. What is common practice in the industry is, instead of doing your own hard work, you grab someone's file who has, compare it vs a production file, and only concentrate on finding those changed areas.

This is the behind the scenes world that customers are never told. So yes, there really are times that people are praising other tuners for a straight rip off of our tunes with more spark, leaner WOT fueling, and maybe 2-3 other changes. Why aren't our tunes set up that way? safety.

You're talking about 25+ years of experience with tuning fuel injected vehicles, and being at the leading edge.  this experience has taught us where to draw the line. Unfortunately people for decades have done this same thing with our tunes, and gained 2-3 years of attention by copying and modifying our tunes as their own, and then disappear. all the while we are here, doing what we know is the right thing for out customers.

The v11 situation was fueling, and the PCM protecting the car as it should.

We've covered it before, but it's still important people understand this, if you are out of fuel, you have 3 options:

Add more fueling capability - Best option

Reduce the need for that amount of fuel (reduce power under those conditions that exceed the limit of fueling) - good option, and has the advantage of being free

Reduce the amount of fuel needed only - risky option, because as you lean it out all it's doing is taking a safety net away

people commonly mis-categorize their cars "running ok" or "Making more power" to somehow be indicators of their calibrators skill set. When in reality, WOT is the absolute easiest part of any calibration.

but yes, most of what people have access to in 3rd party software indeed directly traces back to us and our calibrations. And yes, people and companies absolutely have done exactly what we just laid out. In fact, the whole situation with Mike, and someone supposedly having the keys to make the injectors work proved this exact point. It was a straight copy of something we figured out years ago when doing injector testing (which achieved what we wanted to test, but didn't make the injectors work to our standards).