• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limited02

Sorry to hear Mike! Best of luck going forward and hopefully the goals you were searching for will be a reality sooner rather than later.

FLEXXX

Motor, turbo's, exhaust, intake, nitrous, W/M blah blah blah

bpd1151

Welp..... motor's out. Brought it over to the machine shop for dissection and in depth analysis.

I'l get to the bottom of what happened, and why at some point in time.

I will say this, the spark plugs, even though they were new, and was told by staff at LMS they needed replacement, are PERFECTLY FINE.

In fact, my guy locally, has reinstalled them into his own personal Ford Flex, and has been running them WITHOUT ISSUE to date.

Also, HUGE KUDOS TO MATT @ Gearhead Motorsports[/U] for immersing himself into the picture, and providing LMS with the necessary info, values, etc. to get the Deatschwerks injectors working, even though I was told that the values weren't there by LMS staff. The fact that Matt had no dog in this fight, but offered his assistance, is beyond any words I can type. A huge thank you seems somehow not sufficient for him having lent his assistance.

That said, as I obtain details and such, it goes w/o saying, I was told that only ONE (partial) DYNO PULL was performed, before the car was removed (from the dyno) and parked due to observed problems.

Oddly, there was an 11 mile difference on the odometer between when my car was dropped off at LMS (on April 9th, 2019) to when my car was retrieved from their facility by Grand Beach Towing on Monday 05/13/2019.

Seems awfully interesting that I heard ZERO from their staff between 04/09 & 04/24 in regards to my car's status, even though I was assured on the front end, that the dyno work should last no longer than 1 week up front.

Awfully odd that there's an 11 mile difference in the odometer and only one (partial) dyno was performed over the course of 4 full weeks. That's one helluva dyno session! Ha! Geezuz.

Anyhow, I digress. For now.

Moving along, still incredibly incensed and miffed that I am missing the giant Ford National's @ Carlisle for 2019. Apparently I was listed to be #62 in their all time history of "featured cars". Bittersweet as some fellow owners sent me literature that my car was listed in the official display materials.

My goal right now is to document, document, and document. Then hopefully come back from this set back even better than before.

I am thankful for LMS having provided me with the (positive) memories of what now seems to be, for all inclusive purposes..... yesteryear..... but I am also looking forward at the horizon and seeing what lies ahead as I come back from this, with the goal being ever better than before.

More details to come as they occur. Just a quick update of you will, to hopefully ease some of those that are yearning for details.

Thanks for staying tuned!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Glad you are staying positive, and I second the :thumb: :thumb: to Matt for helping out with the upgrades. It is just unbelieveable what all has gone on with your car, but I also believe the best is yet to come.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Hopefully get something figured out soon! I bet the 11 miles could of been low rpm "cruising" on the dyno to make sure everything was in good condition before the partial pull. At least I am hoping that is what it is from.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

Glad you're keeping your Chin & positivety Up!
In regards to the Spark plugs the same thing happened to me as they installed their own precision gapped plugs even when questioned they are new! Dunno! Z

Bottom of page

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=7881.60

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

You are much calmer and more mature then I would be about this. I wish you the best in getting the beast back together. I don't even know you yet I feel horribly bad for you about the Nationals. We all can tell how much that honor meant to you. Like many have said keep your chin up like you are. Better days are ahead for you and the SHO
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

I just still can't believe it but I guess it's still something we all face in search of the limits of our cars.  Just isnt right as my intuition says this was not an accident more like a snowball effect of negligence.  That 11 miles could have also been a showboating joyride too along with other less than stellar decisions. 

I've worked at a Performance shop before and I've seen not only service techs taking customer cars for joyride but also even body shop techs participating in the action....11 miles on the OD....this is all I see in my mind's eye..those memories
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

TopherSho

Quote from: 802SHO on June 01, 2019, 08:54:45 AM
I just still can't believe it but I guess it's still something we all face in search of the limits of our cars.  Just isnt right as my intuition says this was not an accident more like a snowball effect of negligence.  That 11 miles could have also been a showboating joyride too along with other less than stellar decisions. 

I've worked at a Performance shop before and I've seen not only service techs taking customer cars for joyride but also even body shop techs participating in the action....11 miles on the OD....this is all I see in my mind's eye..those memories

I am not defending in any way,  but how long would it take a car strapped onto the dyno take to get the transmission past the warm up to 'hot and ready' state?   I just don't know so im asking to see if that 11 miles fits into a warm up period from a 2-3 day long cold-parked state ..

BUT that being said BIG shops.. use shop cams.  wheres the shop came footage of the dyno run?

ok im putting down the stick,  i dont want to stir it up .. but my thoughts center around those 2 points.

BPD, you still have my sympathy,  thought you spent much more and are far more careful than I.

I feel your pain on a block loss.  you are taking way better than i did ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ridered74

Quote from: 802SHO on June 01, 2019, 03:32:39 PM
Good point ...perhaps there is a shop cam

If there's nothing to hide they would definitely have recorded it. They have lots of videos of their big builds being dyno'd. No doubt they would have been recording this one to put on their channel as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LivernoisMotorsports/videos?disable_polymer=1

Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on June 01, 2019, 08:47:57 AM
You are much calmer and more mature then I would be about this. I wish you the best in getting the beast back together. I don't even know you yet I feel horribly bad for you about the Nationals. We all can tell how much that honor meant to you. Like many have said keep your chin up like you are. Better days are ahead for you and the SHO

I agree.  I would be angry. 

Mike (BPD) thanks for keeping us updated.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on June 01, 2019, 07:04:05 AMIn regards to the Spark plugs the same thing happened to me as they installed their own precision gapped plugs

Thanks Z.

I think it's a total farce and a way for them to make a quick buck.

There was no reason for them to have swapped out plugs, when the one's I installed were not only new, but also had a mere 274 miles on them.

There's no more "precision" in them gapping them, than you, I, or any other vendor. They're either gapped correctly, or not.

I know mine were, and they are being used currently in a Ford Flex without ZERO ISSUE.

Moving along, I plan on keeping the update(s) coming along, as they occur.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GhostlyGrenade

just curious, are you the customer with the spun rod bearing?
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

LostnEye

Quote from: TopherSho on June 01, 2019, 02:36:40 PM
BUT that being said BIG shops.. use shop cams.  wheres the shop came footage of the dyno run?
I would put money on there being cameras and even more we will never see any video.

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 05, 2019, 11:27:16 AM
just curious, are you the customer with the spun rod bearing?
He said the motor is at the machine shop getting diagnosed. Nothing confirmed yet. Hopefully a relatively cheap fix and it's back better than ever soon enough. 
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts