• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Oh s*** that really sucks.... really sorry to hear that Mike. My son still talks about your SHO from time to time, that's how much of an impression it made on him when we all met up at the track, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I am sure it will be back on the road soon. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

BlueSHO

Wow I'm in shock. My buddy had shipped his Hellcat charger there and they just finished an engine build. I'm sorry your going through this but you'll be stronger in the end and your amazing SHO will live another day..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Jordan

OUCH. That freaking sucks! Hopefully it's not something super major...
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ToMang07

Damn,  that sucks. Sorry to hear man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

avidmotion

Ouch! so sorry to hear, as many have said, I saw your videos and thought thats the car for me, and the only other car I could ever afford that was good enough to replace my beloved full on G8. AWD, 6 sp auto twin turbo, 4 doors giant trunk and the ultimate red light to red light Q ship. Hang in there, post as the info comes in. Not sure how your situation will work, but isnt the facility repsoncible for some the financial loss/fixing money? You are at the tip of the ice berg s*** happens. You have alot of friends here, we all feel your pain....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

802SHO

With your new mods you basically would have been able to command less boost, and make more power efficiently and quite frankly anything less than 11.54 would have been the new record so I really just don't understand how this could have happened given the new mods installed and I bet there's barely much over 10k or so on that built engine.  The whole thing smells funny. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

AJP turbo

I do hate that this happened to you because I know you love that car and take care of it...I actually remember watching one of your videos way before I got my sho and was like damn these things can be fun

So what is the plan moving forward!
Why did you yank it out of there so fast? How will that help the investigation efforts?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

802SHO

Purely speculation:  I think to rule out foul play a 3rd party should open up the motor and determine cause of death.  That would be the smartest step if one feels the initial explanation of failure was less than sufficient.  Of course this isn't a human and she can/will come back to life but it sure does feel like a lost loved one.  I don't foresee the new mods causing this to happen.  I would bet this was still within the 500ish awhp range, albiet more but still keeping in mind drivetrain health.  Which leads you to believe once more the engine should have been completely fine as its been validated with 600awhp ...and the new mods increased efficiency...so I believe there was either a problem with the motor build itself and was some sort of ticking time bomb no matter what or there was a fatal tuning error, or new injector failure.  I know of at least one person in the EVO world who built his motor with Cosworth internals and ended up having one of his new injectors stick open.  He wasn't down for long so I don't know the extent of damage or details.    Potential transmission issues were on everyones mind and never was the structural integrity of the motor. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SHOdded

We should honor bpd's request and not speculate on what "might" have happened.  I am sure in due time, we will come to know the facts :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on May 20, 2019, 05:54:17 AM
Purely speculation:  I think to rule out foul play a 3rd party should open up the motor and determine cause of death.  That would be the smartest step if one feels the initial explanation of failure was less than sufficient.  Of course this isn't a human and she can/will come back to life but it sure does feel like a lost loved one.  I don't foresee the new mods causing this to happen.  I would bet this was still within the 500ish awhp range, albiet more but still keeping in mind drivetrain health.  Which leads you to believe once more the engine should have been completely fine as its been validated with 600awhp ...and the new mods increased efficiency...so I believe there was either a problem with the motor build itself and was some sort of ticking time bomb no matter what or there was a fatal tuning error, or new injector failure.  I know of at least one person in the EVO world who built his motor with Cosworth internals and ended up having one of his new injectors stick open.  He wasn't down for long so I don't know the extent of damage or details.    Potential transmission issues were on everyones mind and never was the structural integrity of the motor.
In due time for Forensic_analysis! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Agreed.  I just can't stop thinking about it.  I will wait for the details to be revieled at their own pace.

SM105K

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear about this BPD. That is a tough pill to swallow. The being said.......

I will be that guy. Clearly LMS was having issues tuning something. If people have followed your build recently, using a reasonable amount of deductive reasoning...one modification sticks out in my mind. Now hearing the motor is hurt.....seems something went array. I will not continue my speculation out of respect for BPD.

I am not shocked that the car is not staying at LMS for a tear down on their own dime. If I was LMS I would be making this "right" regardless of lose. Their motor, mostly their parts or parts recommended by them, their tune, and a catastrophic failure on their dyno..... Even being an "elite" customer of theirs, I am not again shocked at the treatment you are receiving. I lost all respect for LMS after the whole V11 debacle, this is the frosting and sprinkles for my cake.

I would not let LMS tune my non existent lawnmower.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Ok, my post above was NOT a suggestion.  Unless bpd states otherwise, please DO NOT SPECULATE!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Yes please as Manu suggested, please keep it down till more is known. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOhobo

Sad to hear man...I certainly hope that after the dust settles she is back on the road again soon...we cannot lose such an iconic ground breaking SHO.  I will resist speculation but will say IF it is LMS error I would certainly hope that the would make it right or at least offer heavily discounted parts and labor.  Good luck - it's like losing a beloved pet - IMHO.
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.